Monday 1 March 2010

Butterflies and Projects

I have finally decided to do the project I purchased off my SU supplier, Lynda.  It turned out very well and didn't take as much time as I thought it would initially.  I also made a card using my SU Dreams du Jour stamp set for the first time, after finding this set used on a card in another stamping magazine (I had cut it out and put it in the 'pile' for inspiration, and forgotton I had it).

I used a commercial card blank and a cuttlebug embossing folder.  I then used some scrap paper, a bit of ribbon, some jewels for bling factor and the stamp set.  I coloured in with some Signo Metallic pens (I only have two) and added gold and then painted over the flowers a little with a Pental Metallic brush in purple - this means that the colours all have a shimmer look and are in different shades.  You can see something of it in the close up below. I fussy cut the butterflies and fixed them on with dimentionals to lift them off the page.


The project that Lynda had come up with was a Stationary Box, containing up to 8 cards and envelopes.  You can get the template here.  As I said, I made it faster than I thought it would be - it took me about an hour and that included stamping for the front and cutting out the circles, and frames on the cuttlebug. I used Tombow glue and this seems to be strong enough and clean enough for the project.  All materials are SU including the DP in Pacific Blue and the cardboard was just scrap pieces I have saved for just this type of thing. The 'for you' stamp (from One of a Kind) is insert into a stamp from the Waltzing Mouse set Faux Circles (so celtic). The flowers are from SU Pocket Silhouette


Thanks for looking.

No comments: