Google+ Followers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Here's for the Green and Gold

Mad for Markers has a Challenge going to create a card in either the USA colours or Australia's Green and Gold.  Not so easy for us but I thought well, I come from an island at the bottom of an island, and my home is surrounded or girt by sea, so I went with that. Also I met my husband while sailing, so boats are part of our life. Meanwhile, Lets Ink It Up has a Challenge #8 called Anything Goes, guess this will fit into that one as well!

Ed: Creative Card Crew also have a Challenge called "Show us the Colours of Your Country" and it was too apt to miss! So I have entered it as well.



I started off by printed the words to the National Anthem using a light blue font via computer onto X-Press paper.  I made the line about being 'girt by sea' stand out in a darker colour. I then stamped over the words and coloured the images in using my Copics.  I cut this with the bug and nestabilities, and layered it onto some yellow card, which I then cut by hand to suit the label. The sentiment was also layered and it was all placed on some DP, after a ribbon was added with a button, and them some bling! The base card is a commercial yellow landscape card. 

Stamps:   SU Uncharted Territory
Paper and Card:  Commercial card blank; Kaiser Esperance - Sea Spray DP; Yellow Bazzill scrap; X-Press white
Ink:  SU Pacific Point; Momento Tuxedo black
Other:   Copics; Cuttlebug and Nestabilities Labels 17; computer and printer; ribbon; Annabelle Sparkles; KI Memories Softies button; 

In addition I have also completed another card to enter into the CASE Study Challenge #23.  The card that was an inspiration for us to CASE is fantastic.  My attempt is below:


I have to go and do chop up the vegies for the stirfry as it's my turn to cook dinner tonight, so am in a hurry.  Deets below.

Stamps:  There She Goes - Treemendous
Paper and Card:  Teal Bazzill as base card; gold card; sheets for the paper stack Annalee Collection (Prima)
Ink: SU Taken with Teal; Memento Rich Cocoa
Other: Ribbon from Webster's Pages Designer Trim; button; Nellies Multiframe Die; cuttlebug; bling; Circle Nestabilities; dimentionals and double sided tape



9 comments:

SuzanneK said...

Fab stamping, love the scene. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love the stamps!! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Michelle said...

Fantastic card!

Thamks for playing along at Mad For Markers.

Michelle :-)

Debgem said...

Both cards are really lovely. I particularly like your CASE card - the tree stamp is fabulous!!

Sue Kohler said...

both stunning cards Susan, loving the colours in the 1st and the focal image of the second!!
thanks for joining us at CASE study! :)

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow such beautiful cards. Love your attention to detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Card Crew!
Denise
CCC-DT

Sammi said...

Lovely card Susan! Love the sea theme!
Thanks for joining us at Mad for Markers Australia Day challenge1
Sammi

Melissa Barnicoat said...

What a lovely image. Great colouring. Thanks for joining us at M4M this month.

Alicia said...

What a great card! Thanks for joining in our Mad for Marker's Australia Day Challenge! Hope to see you again on our next challenge.
Alicia xx