Monday 14 March 2011

Every day should be special...

I made this card for the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #39 - Scraps, using just what I had on my desk with the exception of the SU Melon Mambo strip (in the scrap card bag), the yellow base card and the bling. I used the MOJO #181 Sketch Challenge sketch and may just make it this time! (Nope, just missed it!)



The edge punch is a Martha Stewart on some SU Sky Blue scrap card, the DP's come from Pretty Please Spring Papers by My Minds Eye (left over from the last card I made!), the flower is a Prima and has been laying on the desk top for over two months after falling off it's card, so I suggest it can now be officially called scrap; the circle is a cut from the Nellie die cut I used on SU Daffodil Yellow for the last card to get the centre piece - the rest of the circles went into the die offcut bag! The flourishes are similar -when I get a new die I cut a few on different pieces of scrap to test it, and they have been sitting on the desk waiting to either be used or put away, whichever is the earlier! The sentiment is stamped in SU Melon Mambo ink (which has also be used to sponge edges everywhere) and is a stamp from my latest Annabelle Stamp set, called All Things Grow. I cut the yellow background paper out in a circle using Nestabilities and attached it behind the yellow frame, and added some bling.

3 comments:

Monica said...

So pretty! Love the sentiment. Lovely colours and paper, too. The pink flower is so very real looking.

xxx Monica

Lauren said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining our recycling your scraps challenge at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next time!

Lauren

Lisa Lara said...

Such beautiful colors. Love the flourishes and what a gorgeous flower!!!