Google+ Followers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Here's the Scoop....

I am going to enter the CR84FN Challenge to use orange, yellow and kraft. My card only has minimal stamping, which apparently is a bit of a no-no in the crafting world, but I don't really care. Nope, I missed it again - cannot work out when the time zones change and what time it loses in MY TIME! Never mind, it was fun playing along. However, my trusty notebook indicates to me that There She Goes TSG#97 has a challenge to "get Krafty - use kraft card somewhere - so I will enter that one! 

                                                 
My card uses what I know as a joy-fold - and it is a real joy to make and I can see myself making this again and again. If you Goggle the name you can find several versions but there is a great tutorial on SplitCoastStampin by Beate Johns and that is the one I used. There are stickers from the depths of the stash, the DP is out-of-date SU papers in the colours of orange, yellow and the base card is Kraft from SU.  The little metal clock came from a shop  (Bellbird) in Melbourne but that's all I can remember about it, and the Journaling card it is attached to is from Webster's Pages. String was salvaged but the orange cord from Annabelle's Stamps - in fact it is a freebie from them - thanks Andrea! The brads are antique ones from SU and they are delicious! The big BROWN butterfly (not purple as it shows in the picture) came from stash as well - cannot remember where I got them. Here it is - it's a male card:


The outside


Opening Up


The inside


I also made another card on Thursday for a friend's birthday - I wanted to make a concertina flower and the CASE site had a challenge there with a flower like this but I was too late to enter it, but I had a go anyway: mine was too big but I used it as I had run out of time! Here it is:










1 comment:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Both of your cards are wonderful Susan! Love your joyfold card and all the patterned paper! Thanks for sharing with us at CR84FN :)