Wednesday 13 June 2012

Prisma Pencils and Zest

Not forgetting paper stumps. While out of commission I have been reading blogs and magazines, and learning all about colouring systems that I new about vaguely. One of these systems is using a wax pencil (Prisma) and a medium (Zest) to create a colouring system different again to watercolour and Copic. It took a while to assemble the props - I got a small tin of 10 pencils several months ago, then found and ordered Zest - my first attempts were not good. I read a bit more and found out about paper stumps; ordered some off eBay and used them - much better. Then I found an image I had stamped out a long time ago, and began to colour.


I sponged blue around the image after I had cut it out using the die, and then removed it from the die. It sat on the desk for several days.  I began to play with layout - I had got a Jillybean Soup pad - Homemade 6 Bean - and used some papers from that. I found some flowers and twisted them together, and then sorted out  some ribbon and lace. 


The sentiment stamp is from LOV, and I used TH Distress inks over SU Whisper White, and coloured the small flowers with Copics. I used dies to cut the back frame and inked the edges with TH Faded Jeans. 


It took it a while to put it together - still not very handy, but over several days I did get it to this stage. No inside yet. 

I will enter it in the following challenges:
My time to Craft - hats and bags (either- I have a hat)
Shopping Our Stash - double the ribbon
Try it on Tuesday - anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes

I have finished my first term painting class (watercolour and mixed media) and our last lesson was all about using monotone - in this case black and white/grey) - I was using the left hand only here, and charcoal pencil, wax candle, black ink and water, scraping with the palette knife, reeds and brushes and knibs......tried to create a mood. 


Just thought I should also (for those who are still here) show you the hand after the first six weeks.  Cast now off and only wrapped a bit each day for support.  I can move the thumb across to the middle finger and occasionally to the ring finger.  Still get swelling but surgeon says this is due to scar tissue being disturbed and moved around and is OK.  I have little strength in it but can use the smaller scissors gently and slowly for small periods of time! Hopefully it will improve steadily and I can work without pain.  No general pain now - don't miss it I can tell you - it's funny how you don't realise how much pain there was until its not there anymore. 


Three scars - four stitches on the wrist and two up the arm for the tendon


I think I counted 8 on the side of the hand/thumb base.  All nice and neat!

Wrist is a bit thick! Still no pointer - wonder when it will pop out? 

7 comments:

Merry said...

Your hand looks like it is healing very nicely. It is great to hear that you are getting more movement too. Wonderful card. I have heard of stumps never seen or used them, sounds interesting.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, I love using my Prismas. You get such a fab effect!
Glad you arm is feeling better x

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Meggymay said...

A real sweet card for a friend. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

Judith said...

A gorgeous card for our MTTC hats challenge - well worth the efforts! Thanks for playing along this week x

Leslie Hanna said...

Great card, and pretty lace! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

A gorgeous card with beautiful colouring and the water colour painting is fabulous, I hope your arm gets better soon
Lindsay xx

Emily H said...

Oh no! You poor thing! Thanks for the sweet comment. I thought I had turned off word verification a while back. Thanks for the heads up. I tried again.