Saturday 25 August 2012

Annabelle's challenge is Circles!

I was doing some cleaning up - yes, still - and was sorting through the pile of magazines that had built up again.  I read them, then re-read them, then go through them and take any ideas or photo's of cards that I think I like and might like to copy, cut them out and put them in my project /inspiration books. I've got four now - great for when the mojo is a bit slow!

Anyway, I found some free paper in one that was bright and orange and had lots of circles.  It was a bit flimsy so I had to adhere it to some card to work with it.  I had been web-surfing and seen that Annabelle has a new challenge at her site, of lots of circle - soooo, I used my Li'lle Monster stamp and die, and the trusty Copics and coloured up the image, paper piecing his top on the way.  The orange card is SU out-of-date Only Orange and the green is the current Wild Wasabi, the bling is coloured to match with the Copics. The die is from SU and the embossed orange strip is a Tim Hotlz embossing folder. The sentiment is from the same set of free papers that the background came from. Oh, and I added some twine.


The freebie paper has a shine on it and in the winter sun it either was too dull or has a plume. I ended up with this shot as the best of a bad lot, sorry!

I will be entering this in Annabelle Stamps: #AC084 - Spots and Dots and anything Round

I made two cards yesterday afternoon whilst cleaning up.  Stop laughing! This one is using a Marianne Die for the basket, an embossing folder for the frame, and lots of Merci small flowers, plus some leaves die cut. The contrast card is SU Melon Mambo.  



 The second one is  using a Marianne embossing folder, and then the rest of the SU Melon Mambo, and a LOTV sentiment stamp, with some small pink pearls added.  I used up some Cosmo Cricket De Lovely paper to create the paper roses, and some scrap green to make the leaves.  I ruled a rectangle around the outside using my Score Board. There are pearls inside the roses.


I will enter this one in the following
Clearly I Stamp:  Circles -  the second one as it has a circle sentiment and roses
Cute Card Thursday:  Bling it Up - the first one with all the pink flowers!
Little Miss Muffet:  Pink, pink pink - the first one with all those pink flowers!
Just Inspirational: photo inspiration of a bunch of pink roses  - the second one with the roses!

10 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Another fabulous collection of cards Susan! Your Lil Monster is just too CUTE, LoVe that fun mo sentiment,and your flower cards are so elegant!
Thanks again for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

Pia S said...

What a cute little monster! Love the use of orange too - so bright and happy!

Anonymous said...

My you have been busy! Cleaning up is a constant - you no sooner finish and you have to start again - just like the washing and mopping the floor! Love your cards. Love the Marianne embossing folder in your second flower card. What does LOTV mean? Sorry if I should know.

A Consuming Passion said...

Three lovely cards Susan! Love Lil Monster's jazzy T!!!
Your beautifully embossed cards with those pretty flowers are a pure joy too! Thanks for playing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week. Good Luck.

Unknown said...

love the cards Susan, the monster is a cutie..The basket of flowers is a beauty, I don't use mine often enough but you made it look apealing again. Joined yur blog too as a new member...luv aussie annie

Kylie said...

Three wonderful cards! LOVE them all, Awesome work Susan!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Gail said...

Wow ,Sue I love the two flower cards ,very pretty. Thanks for your kind comments about the boots card.If you e-mail me at
gailknapton@hotmail.com
I will send you a copy.

Jane said...

Three great cards, I love your flower basket.

Choccy said...

Gorgeous cards ! Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Just Inspirational challenges.. Hope to see you back soon :O)

Choccy x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

All your creations are wonderful, love the one with the flowers in the basket the most though:) Thanks so much for joining our LITTLE MISS MUFFET challenge!!