Sunday 19 August 2012

Ormolu Paisly Floral Tags

I had purchased several packets of these at some time in the last few years, thinking they would be useful. Added them to the stash and forgot about them! Found them the other day  - I had two packs of paisly and one of another pattern - and made a series of cards vaguely male from one of the paisly ones to add to the stock. They are blue, green, brown and orange and there are twelve in the pack 4 x 3 with all different images.  Always need a male card and they are not easy to make, I find. I have used two already!

Here they are. The top two are suitable for Unstampabelles Challenge (Flowers) running currently over on their blog.  You can click here for a look at the great inspiration from the team and then have a go yourself! They do not have any stamped images or sentiments. It can be a challenge to create this way and really makes me dig into my stash!


The sentiment is a die cut from Sizzix, and I have used SU card for them all, and in some there is old (as in out-of-stock) SU DP. Ribbons are from my stash. The white card in this top one is a piece from the stash basket and the green spotty DP is recycled packaging.


This one uses the negative of the die cut and three piece of Annabelle Stamps bling. The spotty paper is  still recycled packaging. There is a bit of sparkling orange paper under that sentiment too - looks better IRL.


SU ribbon, card and DP used here.


A small birdcage charm and Annabelle Stamps sentiment added to this one. The base card is a commercial white, the recycled packaging gets another run and so does the SU card and ribbon, and DP.


This one used a bit of tape on the top of the flowerpot (made from the recycled packaging) and the embossed edge is from SU, while the wooden bird has been coloured with various Distressed stains.  Again, the sentiment is from Annabelle Stamps. The strip of herringbone paper is a scrap from the pile on the desk! The DP is from SU as is the card.


And here are the five, showing that they all used the Ormolu paisly floral tags - took me about 2 hours to put them all together. All different sizes and shapes too - so cannot box them!


5 comments:

Doreen said...

What a lovely collection of cards,love the stamps,great details.xxx

Shirley-Anne said...

You have been busy .Quite a variety of beautiful cards .Thanks for sharing .

Jenny said...

Fabulous collection Susan. I can't even choose a favourite. I love them all. x

JanR said...

Wow, what a wonderful collection of cards. The first one is my fave, I love the colours.

Anonymous said...

Great set of cards.Great use of recycled packaging. I like it when I can use something twice!