Saturday 4 August 2012

Strawberries and Cream

Makes you think of Wimbleton, really, rather than the Olympics! (Go Layton!) However, if I want strawberries now I have to get imported ones or frozen ones, so I go without but I can get the lollies called Strawberry and Cream, and they are almost as delicious if not as good for you!


Challenge #51 - Strawberry + Cream

This fortnight at the Lollipop Ladies
we have some of Gin's all time favourite lollies...
 Strawberry + Cream!


With the additional challenge of Layers.

Guest DT spots are able to be won each fortnight
and our sponsor this fortnight is: Annabelle Stamps *

$10 Voucher (thanks to Andrea).
Please link up your entries in the sidebar :-)  The more entries we get, the better we like it! 

Prize will only be offered if 7 or more entries partake in the challenge.

My contribution to this challenge is below:


The photo was taken at night under lamplight so the colours are strange!  It is SU Blushing Bride and some spare cream paper from the stash.  A white commercial blank and some embossing folders  The cupcake and sentiment comes from Verve. The strawberries are metal ones, from Leisure Arts Collection, sprayed with Copic pens (using the airbrush system).  Some paper piecing for the icing on the cake and some bling also coloured with Copics. 



A close up of the little strawberries.  I will tell you a funny story! I got these several years ago and found them recently.  I thought I would have a go at spraying them and did so - they looked great! Then I realised that I had sprayed them IN THEIR PACKAGING!! How dumb is that! Of course, I had to spray them again once I had wrangled them out of the packaging! 





The card was inspired by this - my eldest granddaughter's birthday gift to me - made by her own sweet hand! Had to show you!

I will enter this in the following challenges:


Pause, Dream Enjoy:  cupcakes
Stampin' with the Dragon: Summer Colours
Paper-Crafting Journey: Anything Goes

8 comments:

Elaine said...

What a great post. Had to laugh at spraying the strawberries in the package :). They look beaut and your card is too.
How sweet of your granddaughter, aren't those gifts the most precious of all?

Vicky said...

Yum!!! A card good enough to eat, and you did make me giggle with your unusual spraying technique!!!! Thank you for joining us at Papercrafting Journey

hugs Vicky xxx

Janis Lewis said...

This is so adorable! Thank you so much for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges! :) Janis

Blue6366 said...

This is such a great card. Love those strawberries - they look great.

Lauren T said...

The sprayed strawberries look great, very funny story!

mum of two said...

What a great card! I love the strawberries on top. Spraying them in the package is something I would do... Thanks for playing with us this week at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges :) Hope to see you again soon!

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Gail said...

Love the strawbs ,spraying them in the packaging sounds like one of my tricks ,but then I am a blonde.

Lucy Kelleher said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing your story about spraying the strawberries -- sounds like something I would have done :)

Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy!

Lucy - DT Member
http://www.love2createitall.com