Saturday 13 October 2012

Chupa Chups!


Challenge #56 - Chupa Chups



Given it's The Lollipop Ladies, it seemed about time to have another 'lollipop' challenge. So this fortnight we're going...

Chupa Chups


With the additional challenge of Curves
Guest DT spots are able to be won each fortnight
and our sponsor this fortnight is: Mad for Markers*
(thanks to Sammi).
A choice of 3 of her M4M digi stamps.
So cool :-)

Remember: there has to be seven entries before the prize will be awarded, so get out there and tell folks to enter! Good odds!

Now, these lollies are round and sweet and last quite a while ..... mmmmmm......what could I do for this challenge?  So I had a little think (no mean feat for me!) and came up with this.


Blue because they can be
Round because they are
Curved wings on the flying things


You get a better idea of the colour here and the inkiness of the paper used for the butterflies

A commercial blank was used and then I added a sheet as a background that was cut from a 12 x 12 page from DCWV's Pocket full of of Posies stack.Over the top of this I added a sheet of white glitter card from Grant.  Into this I had die cut two circles and I stamped onto it a Verve sentiment with Momento ink (Black Tuxedo) - this did not stamp that well due to the glitter but still is quite crisp. I die cut and embossed butterflies from some card I had previously played with - inking it with Tim Holtz Distress inks and and spraying it with various glitter sprays to create a lovely patina of colour, mostly mauve(ish).  However some of it had a beautiful turquoise sheen, so I used that as much as I could. The die is from SU and does a lovely job with the embossing a the same time as die cutting. 

I will enter this in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly: all creatures great and small
Tip Top Tuesday: anything with wings

8 comments:

Elaine said...

I love butterflies, they always add a pretty touch and your card shows them off so well. I love how you got your inspiration. Regards.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing

Gail said...

Great minds and all that ,have to say I several ideas which I didn' like and then decided on butterflies.No I'm not a "little sister" they just have a giveaway if you mention them on your blog.
Enjoy your weekend.

Merry said...

This is lovely, I like how you have used the circle cutouts.

Anonymous said...

Love your butterflies.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Susan :-) the butterflies are beautiful and I love the circles and CAS design ,, FAB :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Annette said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous. Really effective.

Annette - Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

Julene Matthews said...

Thanks for your comments on my goth cHristmas card.I had someone in mind when I made it! I love all your clever paintings...one day I might be brave enough.I am also a retired teacher.