Sunday 10 February 2013

Oodles of Love for Birthday

Today is my eldest grandaughter's 20th Birthday - Happy Birthday Charlotte. I remember her as a fat little Buddha sitting on the floor, and dribbling, and just a hint of a smile on her little face........6 months old! Now she is 20!!

And Beautiful!


Happy Birthday Kiddo!

A recent redecoration of the bedroom in a Parisian theme allowed me to make this for her for her birthday. A photo frame from Kaiser, which has been painted, aged with TH crackle paint and rubbed back a bit with Antique Linen distress and Barn Door Distress. The papers were freebies with a magazine - carefully put aside for this very project which was then left to the last moment! Rub-ons, charms and various embellies were added, and some bling!



Butterfly was coloured with Copics and after debating for quite a while the wooden bicycle was not coloured at all.  Perhaps it should be white (or black)????

The shoe charm is glued in with Crystal Effects. 


Her card used an image from Stampin' Bella - Uptown Girl Lucille - and some more of the papers backed with black card, and on Bazzil white cut and folded into quite a big card.  The lovely diecut black frame is from Sizzix (isn't it nice that they sell them now in their own little packet for storage a bit like the SU ones?) and a recent purchase (as was the stamp!).  I coloured Lucille in using Copics, and added some bling.


I used the Spika pens to add some sparkle to her dress, shoes and hair ornament, and to some of the hearts! I know this image is probably for Valentines, but I thought it was so pretty for a birthday as well. 


I got carried away with my spotty shadowing but liked the effect. 


I will enter this in the following challenges:
Totally Gorjuss: Love (and the funny thing is I purchased a Gorjuss girl at the same time as this stamp, but didn't use it because I thought it was a bit young for Charlotte!)
Southern Girls: Bling it on!
Dilly Beans: Hearts

9 comments:

Monica said...

Oh Susan, congratulations to this Baby Buddha (as you described her as a six month old baby) who has grown into this oh so charming lady. She is just lovely and what a masterpiece you have created for her.
Monica xxx

Merry said...

So much wonderful work has gone into these projects I bet your granddaughter will love it all. Love the image on the card and the touches from the Spika pens. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter.

Christine L said...

Hi there..

This is a fabulous card with gorgeous papers and image... and I love that beautiful die cut too. Just to let you know, your link took me to a card you'd done in December... but I looked harder and found this one which is the one you meant I think.

Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss this time.

Hugs
Christine x (GDT)

* Shell B.* said...

Adorable card & photo frame Susan, great design & lovely embellishments!

So glad that you joined us for the Bling with Southern Girls Challenges!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..•´Shell in Alaska♥

Chris said...

Such a lovely gift and card you have made for your beautiful grandaughter. I'm sure she will treasure them! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge.
Chris
x

carol said...

hello.. wonderful creation and such a lovely lady she is. thanks for showing an interest in our DT call, x carol

Debs said...

Gorgeous card - love that Stampin Bella image and I love what your have done with the photo frame too.
Thanks for playing along with us at AGOAC this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Niknak said...

Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenges!!

Tina Connolly said...

Very pretty!