The challenge at Lollipop Ladies this fortnight is
With the additional challenge of Stripes
Guest DT spots are able to be won each fortnight
and our sponsor this fortnight is: Forever Markers & Craft Supplies
(thanks to Jane).
The prize is a Pink SMASH book with tag book!!!
* Prize will only be offered if 7 or more entries partake in the challenge.
My contribution to the challenge this fortnight is the following:
I used the Heartfet Creations (Spellbinders) stamp and die set to stamp up and cut out the flowers, except that I ended up cutting out the smaller ones by hand. I started by following the video instructions on Stamp Embellish Create put up by Andrea for using mixed media in card making.
Firstly I took a piece of white card sent to me by Kitty Lane (more of that later) and it has a very nice weave texture. I actually used a second piece as my folded card base and a piece of scrap for the sentiment. I didn't use gesso in this as Andrea does on hers, but Jo Sonia white acrylic paint. I allowed it to dry, stamped the flowers using StazOn ink (black) and then put it to one side. I then got my Derwent Inktence pencils and scribbled some basic colour into the flowers before I took to them with the waterpen. I got a very watercolour, painterly effect but the white acrylic also mixed into the muddle a bit. I went back and added some white paint over the colour as well, and then had to fix up the black lines with a fine marker as well.
I took another piece of the card with the paint on it and began to layer up some pencils, starting with lemon in the centre and moving to green on the outside. After I had painted this in and let it dry, I layered on some distress inks - pine needle, peeled paint and squeezed lemonade. This took a bit of playing to get an even spread of colour going. Once I had die cut the flowers, I began layering them up, and drew in the stems and leaves (watercolour) and went over black lines.
The flower heads are on dimentionals to lift them off the page. The whole is mounted on some dark green card, and then straight onto the white base. I added the three strips of washi tape to provide the extra challenge of stripes! The sentiment is just distress ink and a Stamp It stamp in StazOn ink.
I enjoyed doing this - got inky hands and had fun but not satisfied with my painting skills - will have to get some Gesso and see if the effect is the same - I have texture paste: maybe I will try that!
I will enter this in the following challenges:
Avadares: Spring or Easter
Joyful Stamper - Inspire me Fridays: anything goes
Art Impressions: anything goes
Cute Card Thursday: Spring Fever