This week our challenge is to go a bit vintage, with lots of lace and layers.
Again we have TWO great
sponsor's for this Challenge:
$12 gift certificate at the shop
5 digi's of your choice
Thanks a heap people for having the faith in us to sponsor this challenge blog. If you have found us through Feline Playful and followed the links to this blog- a big welcome!
My card for the DT this fortnight uses an image from A Day for Daisies called Bonnet/Basket. Isn't she the cutest? I have coloured her up with my Copics on X Press Blending card after printing off the digi from my computer. Once coloured I added lots and lots of Stickles on the flowers to make them really sparkle.
I know I bang on about this card but here is the reason why. I purchased some card in Melbourne earlier this year that I thought was XPress Blending card but it obviously isn't. When I hold the two pieces of card together - XPress and the card I bought in Melbourne - I can tell from the colour and thickness, but I did not have any good card with me when I got a bag of 10 A4 sheets which I was assured by the shop owner it was XPress Blending. You can see from the photo below how I know it wasn't as good blending card!
As I started to layer up the inks on the dress I began to get a yellowing colour showing through and then it bled really badly. I was pretty annoyed. I knew I had some smaller pieces of card, and ended up printing the image again onto ordinary A4 computer paper, laying the good piece of card over this image and using sticky tape to hold it in place and feeding the sheet back through the computer to print over the image again and thus onto the better smaller card piece. Hope that makes sense!
I then recoloured with the same pens, and the inks stayed where they should and there was no yellowing! I dottted around the outline of the image with a blue pen and also smooched some Memento Sky Blue ink around the sky and some green ink around the base to take the real whiteness out of the card.
I put the image through the Big Shot and partially die cut out the Nestablility label and finished off with the scissors around the flowers where they hang over the edge of the frame. I fussy cut a mount to suit as well as the frame as I had used the biggest size for the image! I distressed the mount.
It is all layered up with lace, and velvet ribbon from my stash over a sheet of Prima Firefly 6 x 6 pad, and I had stamped this with a Kaiser stamp I got at Paperific last month! I did in fact stamp this twice - the first time I was very crocked, so I used the first sheet to cut out some flowers, and moulded and mounted these with a pearl split pin. I should have scrunched them but didn't think of it at the time - duh! I am actually having a bit of a mojo problem and it is taking me a long time to make anything. I know what I want to make but just don't seem to have the get-up-and-go to do it and end up in a muddled rush! I think that dreaded disease "old age" is creeping up a bit too close - might have to get my kicking boots on!
I distressed the larger sheet, and torn it and put card under the tears so it looks like it is torn wallpaper......I added a bling swirl too.
The whole thing is on a sheet of card folded - Aubergine I think is the colour. (We call them egg plants here).
So, there you have it - Shabby Chic vintage - my way! No sentiment on it as I didn't know what would suit and thought it would be useful to have one that is just blank at the moment! It could be birthday, congrats or a thank you card! Even a Get Well!
I will enter this in the following challenges:
Deep Ocean Challenge: Welcome Summer
Inky Chicks: Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown: Glitz and Glimmer