Sunday 29 June 2014

the Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #72 - Christmas in July

The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge blog has a new challenge started 



Number #72 - Christmas in July 

The sponsor for this is:

Prize - 3 Free Digi's from their store

I was able to use one of their images, called Winter Friends

I dragged out the box of Christmas Stash, and the first thing I found on top was a piece of recycled card from a card we had received. I immediately matched everything else to it, as it provided me with the sentiment as well!


I printed off the image onto Whispser White, and coloured it with my Prisma pencils, adding some Kiddy Glitz for snow and sparkle on various things...I went for a softer look with the pencils


I decided to mount the backing papers on SU Pacific Blue - love that colour and it is gone, gone, gone.....


Had to add some bling too!


I diecut a frame around my snowman, and edged it with a Copic pen instead of mounting it, as I just wanted a thin line to demarcate the edge


Not too bad for using up scraps! One more card to add to the Christmas stash for 2014!

I will enter this in the following challenges:
Completely Christmas: Anything Goes - closes 5th July
Di's Digi Designs: Lots of Layers - 5th July
My Time to Craft!: Christmas in June - closes 11th July


4 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Super creative card, love the image as well...enjoy your weekend...aNNie ♥
The Journey is the Start

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Hi Susan. I sent you a message on our team page and also on our Facebook team. Please read ASAP. Thanks. Love this card. Great job! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great festive card, love the image & sparkle!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time to Craft this fortnight, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Anonymous said...

Well done. Can't believe you are making Christmas cards already!