Saturday 1 August 2015

Eclectic Ellapu - August

Not that happy Jan........

I made this card for the DT (late, as per usual) and had been planning it in my head for ages......but it is not what I wanted at all so will probably change it over the next few days! For the sake of the Challenge for the Purple Team in August, for Eclectic Ellapu,  I have put it in now - advice please!

The brief is: 3 dies, 2 stencils, 1 sentiment!

Mmmm, I have thousands of dies (not quite but in the hundreds I reckon)  and quite a few stencils, and some new Dylusions paints..........play time, I thought!



I did have fun creating a background - but I had a limited palette so had to stick to reds and oranges and yellows. (More paints arriving soon!) I also used two stencils on the painted background - I painted with baby wipes (clean ones!) and it was FUN. My stencils were used with more paints and I now have red and black stencils - the paints stains.



The Tim Holtz Angry Birds had not had a whirl since arriving (apart from one card when they first arrived) I wanted to use one of them......and I coloured one with my TH Distress Inks, and fussy cut it out.



The it was the time for the dies! So, I cheated and combined my sentiment with the die - another new one - and so only had to find two more dies to use.  My little birds seemed appropriate and the feather die as a given.  However, not sure they work now - perhaps I will either glitter the feathers or die cut some new gold ones.......

.....what do you think?






No comments: