Monday 22 February 2016

Final Week for the 'Belles Feb Challenge #54



That's right - three weeks have just flown by, and we are entering the last week for the current challenge. It ends at midnight on Friday night. 

I have had quite a busy month - and have had a bit of a difficulty putting things together as both hubby and I care having issues with our mobility - his leg and (possibly) back and my old back problem - so it takes longer to do things. As I am writing this, I am standing at the desk, the the keyboard perched on top of a box so that I do not have to sit, as just at the moment it's either stand or lay flat!! I have found out I can be quite ingenious though.......there is an operation in the wings but I don't have a date as yet so more on that later. Seems the medical industry here needs my dollars on a regular basis - this will be three operations in four years!!


On the good side I went to Melbourne and bought some goodies, some clothes and went to the Edinburgh Tattoo as well as caught up with family. The Tattoo was amazing - especially as our middle Granddaughter was performing with the NZ Army Band. She popped out the front and sang at one stage and the rest of the time she blew on her horn! It was so amazing to see her live!

So, I did this for Unstampabelles

Actually I did it for my brother's birthday and was the card I did eventually give him as I felt the other one I made was a bit too funky for him - he is a bit of a staid one!

I used the die cuts from Ultimate Crafts - the Australian dies - and did a bit of paper piecing with them a well, but I stuffed up the placement of the bird and then the ute, and so it looks a bit wonky!

My background is the trees embossing folder, and then embossing the raised areas with white embossing powder. I then used TH sprays to create the background, cleaning off the ink from the trunks with baby wipes.


The window is the window in the ute


The theme is in the idea of a birthday, when you are looking forward to your future, but the card is drawing you back to the time of the old ute.


I hand wrote the sentiment and added it as a conversation bubble.


Yes, my brother is an Aussie Classic!

Anyway, I hope you can gain some inspiration from this and see how you can create a card (with NO STAMPS PLEASE)  and enter it into the Challenge #54.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your back and hubby's leg problems are sorted soon. Doesn't sound fun to have another op.
It must have been wonderful to see your granddaughter perform - a real talent to get a singing part as well.
Great card too :) Very Aussie love how you created your own speech bubble.