Google+ Followers

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

New Beginnings at the start of Spring!

Eclectic Ellapu has a new challenge for September called New Beginnings, and as I had a baby card for a girl to make, I combined the two.



When I went to Paperific (did I mention I went to Paperific?) last week I had a go at using foils with glue. Not that impressed really but I got a packet of foil and some glue to try at home. Firstly, a little bit of glue goes a long, long way; secondly, you have to wait for the glue to begin to dry off and go clear; thirdly, it gives a pretty touch but not one that cannot be achieved by other means I think. You be the judge!


This is the card without the foils


This is the card with the foils



A closer look

The bigger flower on the left caused a problem when the glue 'squirted' to the right outside the flower shape. It does scrape off but not cleanly and so it leaves a mark. I added a dot of glue to the red flowers and the red foil seemed to work better with just a touch. The silver foil I added to the bluebells worked better on the buds

My verdict - not that bothered by it at this stage.
Stamp set used was from a magazine.

Copics used to colour it  and Momento inks smudged around created the background.

Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

frommycraftroom said...

Perfect for a new beginning.
Thanks for sharing how you have found the foils - so far I haven't been tempted.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

I haven't tried the foils either and you have now tempted me also - naughty gal - fabulous card xx