Sunday 23 October 2016

Making up cards using a freebie stamp set

I promised myself that I would not buy a craft magazine for the freebie unless I was going to use the said 'freebie'. So far I have lots of things in my stash and only a few things made but I am trying.

In an effort to avoid making Christmas cards I have made up a set of cards using a stamp set, an embossing folder and a stencil - yes, all from the one freebie! As my mojo has gone lagging I used the suggested cards to make these up but I did add to each one. Gradually my mojo started to jump in so hopefully I can get a good afternoon of crafting in this week!

Here they are - you have already seen several


Getting tired and sloppy stamping


Inked the EF strip and fussy cut the pink flower and leaves


Used kissed stamp technique to get layered colours in flowers, and vellum overlay to tone down the bight colours


It is a tag card


Stencilled paste and tinsel - like this effect
Pate was tinted with inks before applying to stencil


You have seen this one below


Ink stencilling and overstamping


A second paste one on shimmer card

As they are copies from the magazine I will not enter them in any challenges.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great creations from your freebies. I know what you mean about using the stash. I had to stop going into the newsagents as I have little self control with those freebies! Glad your mojo is coming back.