Monday 18 September 2017

Another Christmas card.....

Hi Everyone! Another week has flown bye - we have had a fleeting visit from our son (always nice) and the elder Granddaughters to dinner plus their partner's. The two lad's played football (Australian Rules) finals this weekend - one went on to the Grand Final after a very close game, and one lost a Grand Final after a very close game. I was watching both matches at the same time on my computer and later TV through son's tablet being streamed- my goodness, my old heart cannot take such excitement!  I found myself moving my shoulders and body with every mark and kick as well, and am a bit stiff today as a result!!!! In addition, I was messaging both granddaughters (who were at the respective games) and when one of the lads did something spectacular (or not) there was a flurry of texting going on! It was fun but tiring.

All over for one but another game to get through next week now. Once that was over, I watched on FB a video of the youngest Granddaughter (13) in ACT, playing a piano piece for her Spring Concert. Grandson (11) lost his Under 15 Hockey final yesterday morning but is playing his Under 13 Game this morning - no news on that one yet! It's all go for us this weekend! What would we do with social media, eh?

In addition both older girls went to their Soccer Team's Best and Fairest Celebration last night (they play in the same team), and the elder girl won the B & F, with her younger sister one point behind, while the younger one kicked the most goals for the season! Two more trophies to be displayed!

Talking of display's here is one that happened at the North West end of the island last week:


WOW… what an ‘out of this world’ photo from The Nut at Stanley thanks to Leanne Marshall who says:

It was great to see her again (this refers to the Aurora, known as The Lady). I was just down from Highfield House - at the lookout on the road down to Godfrey's Beach.


I love the milky way - the stars on the top right - I see them every clear night out my kitchen window...and love them. So full of mystery and colour and light. 

Here is my inspiration for this week for Unstampabelles:
there is sparkle and light here too.....



The tree's are cut from a piece of packaging, and I pulled the top face off to show the crimping......


That lovely SU card with the stars - I really thought about adding ink to colour the sky behind but decided to keep it neutral. It is mounted on gold card. 


Playing with effects allowed me to add the snowflakes to the photo's!


You can go to Unstampabelles and see what else the DT have created

Then have a go yourself - just remember - no stamps please. 

3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So clever and impressive card, very inspiring!! Love very much the rustic look you achieved with the corrugate cardboard on these trees!! And the pearls and snowflakes make them precious! Great idea and amazing result!

Anonymous said...

WOW what a busy weekend. Such great success from all by the sounds of it.

A beautiful card. Love the choice of colours (or choice of neutrals!) - very different for you.

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Susan
Gr Karin