Wednesday 31 January 2018

Off and Running with Eclectic Ellapu

Hello Peeps - hope you are all fit and well and managing all this climate change!

It really has been a little mad this season. 

On the weekend we had over 32 degrees (36 one day) and only dropping to low 20's at night and today is it max 14 and I have the heater on! I did sleep well last night though - got to 9! Even the kitten was willing to settle down and sleep! Apparently it is snowing in the highlands this morning.

Hot days and nights makes you want to head to the beach for a swim. Unfortunately haven't had one this year yet, despite the weather - just not the opportunity.

This is my childhood beach - Marion Bay. The land on the right and in the background is the bottom end of Maria Island. It was obviously a bit breezy the day this was taken. When I saw this on FB it bought back so many happy memories for me I had to share it. Our farm looked down over this beach and Hellfire Bluff (Cape Bernier) with Mercury Passage between it and the island.


Marion Bay beach and it’s fantastic view of Cape Bernier. Named after the astronomer on Baudins 1802 expedition and featured on his early maps of the area it is also known to early settlers as Hellfire Bluff referring to the red coloured cliffs
Photo courtesy of Cape Bernier Winery


On to what is happening at Eclectic Ellapu:

To start the year off we are going with the traditional 

'Anything Goes'

Remember, that means anything to do with paper - off the page, mixed media, journals, scrap pages, cards, tags - whatever.

I made several boxes to house some cards I made with a Colour Me Happy kit I purchased from Stampin' Up last year when the new alcohol pens came out. The kit was excellent and made up 16 cards  (4 x 4) of varying sizes and with various sayings; the cards were pre-cut; and all embellishments provided. There was also an instruction sheet provided. Each card also had an envelope. They are coloured using the new markers.



I made them up with the full intention of giving them away and just ran out of oomph to prepare them -  when cleaning up the Christmas mess last week I found them again and decided to make some  boxes. Each box has a selection of the four styles. The fourth set has a bellyband but was not ready for the photographs! I used some old SU DP (out of stock now) that I had in my stash and some old ribbon.



The sentiment is a foil die and I used my new foiling machine and some luscious pink foil to add this to card and on one occasion, a paper doily.


The base card is SU - each set has a plain base.


I just used my SU craft board to make the necessary folds and they quickly came together.



So, used up some stash - used my new foiler - cleaned up some space - and made some gifts!

Let's see what you have made lately
See you over at Eclectic Ellapu!


2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How sweet boxes for your cards, they are very feminine! Love the spring colours and the pink bows!
Fabulous beach!! In Italy all is more small... also beaches and sea LOL
Hugs

Anonymous said...

I would say that is time well spent. Such gorgeous boxes and some great gifts all ready to go plus clear out some stash.
The kiddos are hussling to go away do you think they would settle for Tassie? The beach looks so lovely and clean.