Saturday 17 February 2018

To fold or not to fold

Over at Crafting with Dragonflies, Hilde has asked us to make a card with:

Special Folds

Before I get to my card, I came across this yesterday and had to share it


WOW… swimming in the crystal clear waters at the Bay of Fires thanks to Trip In A Van.

www.instagram.com/tripinavan

Yep, the waters are that clean and clear down here. 

On with the show......

When I was in Melbourne at the craft show last year (Paperific) I pick up two packets of Gelli printd paper that had been cut up into usable squares and such plus lots of punched shapes. Each one had adhesive on the back.

I don't have a gelli plate and don't really want one but I do like the effect it gives. 


I made my card today using come of the Gel print Stickers
I make a Diamond Fold Card - one of the Quick Cards magazines towards the end of last year had the instructions in their Card School section - look it up

It starts with a 10 x 30 cm card - scored at 5cm intervals ; then score diagonally between top 15cm and bottom 25; and repeat the other way. Repeat this between the 5 and 10 cm marks. Pinch the two halves of the 10 and 20 cm folds backwards to push forward the diamond shape in the front.


I decorated it with the gelli plate sheets and stamped the sentiment with an old SU stamp; I hand drew the circle around the edge. I diecut myself a butterfly and then punched out three small butterflies to use.  It came together quickly and easily


Another angle so you can see the fold


Push together to close and post - it becomes a 10 x 10 cm card


I will finish with a photo of Weasly looking cute


He is growing quickly  - double his weight now from when I got him six weeks ago. 


Here is another of him peeking over the edge of the stairs - "Whacha doing?"

Now you can go over to Crafting with Dragonflies and see what the other DT girls have come up with to get some more inspiration!

You have two weeks to enter!


2 comments:

Wynn said...

Great fold Susan. Your Kitty is growing up quickly. I imagine you have hours of fun watching the antics!! Wynn x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card with this folding. Beautiful gelly sticker sheets, the result is great!
LOVE your little Weasly, how cute kitty he is!! :)