Monday 7 May 2018

One- Two - Three....Challenge #79 Unstampabelles

There is a new challenge running at Unstampabelles for May, started now!

It is called 

Challenge#79: 1, 2 and 3 items 

Twist - journal about it


There is a prize on offer for random number draw of entries who take the challenge (photo coming soon) and attempt the twist - so remember to blog about your item

The main rule is 

NO STAMPS

I did a bit of scrapping - yesterday we helped our eldest Granddaughter Charlotte and her lovely partner Ryan move into her own brand new, purpose built house. We are all proud of them because they are only in their early 20's and have purchased a block of land and had a home built on it for themselves all by themselves. 

It got me remembering her when she was a little tyke and I looked through the loose photo's I have of her and found one which included a photo of me as well - My God I look a lot younger there than I do now! It was about 23 years ago of course!


I used a kit from D-lish Scraps (May) as my starting point and just played.


My three were the three pearl hearts


My two were the two white pearls


And my one is the white sparkly butterfly
There is some texture paste (leaked a bit through the new stencil but I was working pretty quickly)


I also broke the wooden adore sentiment whilst painting it.
Just thought I would tell you that. 

I am going to enter this in the D'lish challenge: Flights of Fancy

This photo inspiration today is beautiful Recherche Bay, down south
I spent part of my honeymoon on a tiny boat there. 
We were the only two there for most of the time.

This is where the French explorers landed and if they had been a bit earlier we would have been speaking French not English! They stayed long enough to plant out and grow a vegetable garden here. The remains have been located. 


A stunning photo of Recherche Bay thanks to East Coast Photography.

This spectacular 142 hectare coastal property extends from the dramatic wild landscape of the Southport Lagoon Conservation Area, home to the critically endangered species, the swamp eyebright. This delicate flowering plant has only a single population of 50 individuals remaining on the planet.

The property provides habitat for several threatened bird species. A pair of white-bellied sea eagles - vulnerable to extinction in Tasmania - return to nest on the property year after year. Grey goshawks and masked owls, both endangered in Tasmania due to their declining populations, use the area for nesting, roosting and feeding.

Stands of mature Tasmanian blue gums, a species first discovered on this very site by the French explorer Lalbilladiere in 1792, provide foraging habitat for flocks of swift parrots, which are endangered at a national level due to habitat destruction.





1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Tasmania has a lot of unknown places, plants and animals.... Such stunning place it is! You surely have had a fabulous honeymoon at Recherche Bay, wow!! Very fascinating!
Your inspiration for the new challenge looks so beautiful, great layout, so sweet!! Glad to see you and your granddaughter some years ago :)