Google+ Followers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Little Paper Shop Challenge

Another colour challenge from the Little Paper Shop.  This one is red, white and black and could include Valentine's Cards if wanted.  I chose to do a Birthday Card. It is inspired from a card seen in the UK magazine Cards - January 2010, although the colours have been changed and I gave it more of a amateur feel!  I now notice my stamping is well off-centre with the small flower as well - didn't think it was too bad while I was putting it all together! Anyway, here it is...........



I used a SU stamp set called Think Happy Thoughts and SU Whisper White paper, SU Black paper, SU Riding Hood Red paper and ink.  The red glitter on the cake is a cheap rought chopped glitter and the and the ribbon is ......ribbon! Background Paper was from a DCWV  All dressed Up matstack.  Red Kaiser pearls and and SU Circle Scallop punch outlined with black marker makes the flowers, and the base was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder Swiss Dots. The cake and the flowers were also embossed with a Hearts folder from Cuttlebug. That's the advertising! 


I also made a card for my eldest grandchild's 17th birthday yesterday - how old does that make me feel! I used a SugarNellie stamp  - Lola with Gift - I have had for a few months but not yet inked up - it is for winter rather than summer but the little girl is cute, so I went with it anyway  (don't you love the way these stamps from Sugar Nellie come with an Adoption Certificate??!) Pink of course  - she is a pink and purple girl - and I tried to keep it simple. I used my SU markers to colour her in and the SU set Congrats for the sentiment. It was completed with a large Prima Flower Embellisment. Papers were from the scrap section of the stash - and the foam numbers were Thickers. It was all based onto a  SU Pink Pirouette card.  That's it today folks - my HUB is waiting for me to create the stirfry for dinner, so had better shake those tail feathers!

No comments: