Google+ Followers

Friday, February 26, 2010

OMG, I won a competition for one of my cards!

I am in shock!  I was doing my usual "I cannot be bothered starting anything new, (including housework or dinner) so I will just take a look at all my favourite sites on the puter, including Little Paper Shop, and guess what - when I got there, my card was staring me in the face - I had won the challenge on producing a distressed card. My heart nearly left my body and I am still shaking 10 minutes later. WOW. Mmmm, does that mean I cannot enter the next colour challenge?  Am not sure what the 'netiquette' is here.........

Anyway, I have had a busy week - HUB and I are planning on a kitchen renovation sometime in the middle future (as opposed to next month) so were looking at whitegoods for one day, and as I have auditioned as a reader for a local radio station for the print handicapped and have been accepted, I had to go to a learning session on another day - had to get up early as well!  In addition, I took an afternoon relief teaching session (would you  believe DANCE) and so I have not had as much time in the workspace.  Have made a couple of cards, but have handed them out already without taking a photo, and have got two new ones left.  Here they are.

Somewhere I was shopping I found a packet of vellum butterfliesby Cre8tive and thought they looked sweet; they were cheap so I bought them and put them in my stash.  The other day I took two out of the packet and wondered how I could make them look more than a simple white vellum butterfly.  I looked in the cupboard and saw my little collection of mica paint daubers by Moonglow (Lindy's Stamp Gang), so got out the blue and the green ones and then the pink and the orange one.  I daubed one with blue and one with green.  I used the orange or the pink to gently touch the outside of the wings of the butterfly, rather then really smash it on.  As they dried they began to look quite pretty but I thought some gold would be good, so I sprayed them with Moonglow Gossamer Gold mica mist, and then while still wet sprinkled it with fine glitter. When they dried, they looked very fragile and pretty. I used deep pink pearls for the body of the green one and blue jewels for this one (see close up below). The hardest thing was trying to get the scalloped rectangle cut out, as I do not have a nestie for this, so I used my SU scallop punch and tried to line it up.  The background paper is a piece of SU DP Patterns in Pacific Point. The blue lace was purchased off a street stall in Euchua in northern Victoria, while on holiday last year.  (I got a couple of metres each of about 6 different colours. Always keep your eyes open for stash!). The blue checked ribbon is from Joanne Craft Essentials (USA). The rub-on is a Cre8tive one. The pale blue background paper is Franchville  but I don't know its name.

The other card is an idea from a picture I had cut out of a old magazine a while ago, where these little tags were used with rub-ons to create en embellishment.  I rubbed on the words and then walked away for a few days before coming back and changing my mind about how I would use them.   I ended up by cutting circles out on the Cuttelbug using Nestabilities Classic Small Circles, cutting them up  and arranged them on a card blank (this blank has a slightly raised embossed surface); and then found my dusty collection of eyelets (had to relearn how to place these as I tend to use brads instead nowdays).  After getting out my pretty little hammer and bashing away, I remembered I had a collection of little charms from Heidi Grace Pocket Scraps somewhere and after finding them  I tied one on with yellow string. I then had to cover up the eyelet holes on the back inside of the card, so decorated it with the left over Franchville Green Swirl.




No comments: