OK, I am hooked on challenges now - this one is for Creative Cottage and is called "No Cards Allowed". It is Challenge #18.
Now, I was making a present for my friend whose birthday was on Tuesday, so I combined the two things. Then, would you believe it, splitcoaststamping sent me the weekly newsletter, and there was a tutorial for a box with a drawer! So, it was meant to be. I used their template and made the box, and covered it with paper and embellishments taken from 'freebie'papers that came in a magazine. Now, I have a habit of either throwing these into a drawer (if I think I will use them) or into a big brown bag (if I think I will not use them) and of giving the bag to various friends of mine who teach primary school, and who love to get fresh 'stash' for the classroom. What I don't do is record who or where I got them from, so I have no idea from where I got this paper or the embellishments, except I had to cut them out of one sheet, and the other sheet had some too on the back of the DP and I had to choose which one I wanted to use the most. Would have liked to have had the use of both sides on both sheets, but 'thems the break'! The box is made from SU Tempting Turquoise and apart from 2 orange brads, and some sticky and some bling, that's all it was.
I added four cards - here are three that I made today for the box and the fourth was an old one, made several months ago. However, discovered after I made it that the envelopes wouldn't fit the box - yes, I measured for the card size but envelopes are slightly bigger - bugger! Here are the cards:
I used the Cuttlebug and embossed onto the cards using the folder called Edges. I then rubbed each edge with ink or in one case blue chalk, helped to raise their profile on the card. Some ribbon, DP scraps and stuff from the stash, and an added insert in each one completed the cards.
This card used white gel pen also to highlight the flowers, and white ink, and the bird from the SU Bird Punch provided the bird and branch. I also stamped a sentiment from TJ Designs - Songbirds using Memento Black ink. I used several images from this set also on the inset to decorate it a bit.
This card used a rub-on and a Prima flower - isn't it lucious. In addition, I used a bit of 7 Gypies gafer tape and was quite pleased with the effect. The ink pad I used here is a Splendour Pastel chalks - one of those with lots of colours - and I used the green end which had three different greens in it. Enough for now, cheers,