Saturday 3 July 2010

Double trouble.....

Took all afternoon to complete this card - it is for Just Scraps Challenge #14 - Make Mine a Double.  Jean was in a mood to clean up!



This challenge was supposed to do two things - complete a piece of unfinished business on the craft desk and to double up  - either by making two or having two things. Well, I did the first - I have had the Stampin'Up Bird Punch for a while and apart from playing with the bird wings to make tulips (later...) I had not done a lot but had several birds and twigs punched out in different paper and card. So, decided to make these up and get rid of them from the desk.....several hours later I have several more birds and twigs and lots of paper scrap and only one card made, but it was fun. The birds are punched from some SU Whisper White that was oversprayed with Moonglows Shadow Mists - as a protective sheet against spraying everything on the desk.  I find that I use this sheet afterwards for so many things that I don't mind using a full sheet or two each time I have a mind to play with the misters.  This sheet had a bit of pink in the gold spray, so I used a black and pink Core'dinations card and put it through the Cuttlebug using an embossing folder from Sizzix called Woodgrain by Tim Holtz. I then sanded it lightly to bring out the pink core.  I had a chipboard rectange that came with a new pink top I purchased this morning, so recycled it to take the rubon, which is on more of the oversprayed card. The ribbon is one by Celebrate. I mounted the black card onto gold card and then both onto a deeper pink before making a card from lighter pink - SU Pretty in Pink and attaching the whole to that.  There is also a sheet of white paper glued inside with another bird attached on the bottom and a birthday message.

So, between listening to the footy and enjoying the fading afternoon, and listening to the birds singing outside (the one's who have decided to remain this winter so far)  I made just one card! BUT, I have a few extra birds for future use now and have used up some of the scrap stash at least. Cheers,

2 comments:

Tracy said...

beautiful card so elegant, love the proverb and image you have used. hugs Tracy x

Jean said...

Too funny! Isn't that always the way though - everytime I go to tidy and organize one room I end up messing up two or three others - heck, most times I end up messing up the entire house! Nonetheless, your cards are beautiful Susan. Thanks for playing along! I have the bird punch as well - getting lots of use as I'm using it on the wedding favors I'm doing for my niece - probably won't want to see it again after I finish. Then again, I haven't used it for tulips . . . Hmmmm! Something else to try! Take care and have a great week!

Jean