Well. so far this week I have made three soft and dreamy cards and one that just screams at you - first the softies. This one is cased: I used SU DP Afternoon Tea; a piece of white card to stitch it to with embroidery thread (by hand!); a Tim Holtz grungepaper heart, painted white; some flowers; a heart brad; several pieces of bling. I wrote 'amore' using a SU black writer. The whole lot is on a red card card! This one can be for an engagement, wedding or anniversary, or just 'cause card.
This one uses those lucious specialist Japanese papers, all shiny and pretty. I used two different papers - one for the band, leaf and stem - and a flower from Dress It Up Fab Flowers. The sentiment is from WMS Asian Gardens, and the edge is from SU Lace Edge punch. I used it on the edge of the card, a Bazzil White. pretty, huh! The ink is SU Taken with Teal.
The last of the pretty ones, is using SU Brocade Blue, stamped with Baja Breeze using the Baroque Motifs. The sentiment was stamped on white card with SU Congrats, and the edge of the card was then wiped with glue, and some blue glitter added. It is still gently shedding glitter at the moment, but eventually it will settle down. Then I tied some white satin ribbon onto the blue card, which had been mounted on some white, and then mounted these onto another piece of blue, which was mounted onto a white card commerial blank.
Told you it was a bit different! Very 'Australian' in the colour selection. I used SU Glorious Green, Close to Cocoa, and Yoyo Yellow. I ran the green through the Cuttlebug, using the embossing folder from Sissix called Diamonds and Dots. I then cut out the shapes using Nestabilities Labels 1. The edge punch from Martha Stewart called suprisingly Stars was used on the yellow card scrap. The white label had yellow ink sponged around the edge, and the flag holding the sentiment did as well. The sentiment comes from SU Happy Moments. The tulip is from SU Botanical Blooms, with the flower having to be stamped twice, cut out once and mounted on top of the other one. Then add buttons, ric-rac, and brads - mount it all as shown and then onto a mustard yellow commercial blank!