Saturday 14 August 2010

Dadisms....

Can you remember all those things Dad used to say to you?  I laughed out loud when I got my stamp set from There She Goes called Dadisms because I knew every one of them and have heard them many times as a child! My lovely Dad has been gone for nearly 30 years now, but I can still see his face and hear his voice as he says some of these things.

My youngest granddaughter has decreed that Father's Day in Canberra this year is null and void as it clashes with her seventh birthday! However, I have made some cards hoping that the ban does not extend to Tasmania! This one is following Lord Have Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #86 - MTSC86.


I stamped the image of the man first, and coloured it with Copics.  I then masked this and overstamped it with the Dadisms.  Then followed Mercy's sketch to put it together. I made it using the following:

Card:  SU Brillian blue for base card; Basic Brown and Mellow Moss
DP: SU Designed Series Kiwi Kiss
Stamps: There She Goes -Dadisms; Annabelle Stamps - TreeMENdous
Ink:  Memento Basic black and Rich Cocoa
Other:  Ribbon and brads.

This is the inside of the card.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Susan, Great image and two cool cards. Your coloring is fabulous. I've been poking about and catching up on your latest posts. Have a great day!