Thursday 16 September 2010

Back to School for some

Here in Tasmania, students (and teachers) are currently in the second week of a two week break before the run up to Christmas, end of the school year, exams and final reports. The idea of "Back to School" is greeting with groans from all!   However, in the northern hemisphere, where the seasons are round-about and winter is summer, School does not run on a February  to December timetable, but on a September to July one.  So "Back to School" is the theme for Jean at Just Scraps this month.

Here is my entry into her Challenge #19!


Happy 'return to school' to all those who are doing so - may your year be full of excellence and fun!

As I had no suitable stamps, these images are digital one's from Colouring Page Tuesdays (very cute they are too!) and I printed them out and coloured them in using my Copic pens. I then fussy cut them and popped them up on the background papers.  This is from a freebie that was given with a Australian Scrapbooking magazine several years ago, but I thought the message was excellent! I used my Martha Stewart edge punch for the stars and some white scrap which had been through the Polka Dot embossing folder in the Cuttlebug. As someone called Claire says "Hope it tickles"!

The kitchen is progressing even as I speak - there are carpenters and plasterers working quietly there upstairs as I craft away in my little space and my husband is working in his workshop (making me a container for my SU ink pads, bless his cotton socks!).

4 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Ah yes this does 'tickle' These are great little digi images and make for a colourful and fun card!

Lynn said...

Hi Susan, what a fun card with such fabo colours! And yes it's nice to to see other Aussie bloggers, and thanks so much for the big bold pic for my giveaway and also for the lovely comment..Love it!!
I am now a follower of your lovely blog
Lynn :) xx

Unknown said...

Hi Susan,
first of all thanks for your nice comment on my blog and I'm glad I've learnt a new word from you/your granddaughter :-)
Love your school card, I recognized Dulemba's beautiful drawings (I've stashed them all, too!) You've just got yourself a new follower, it's nice to see more crafting from each other!
Take care, ~Ira

Julia Aston said...

Love these fun school images and the graph bg - great sentiment too! How interesting to hear of your different school year!