Wednesday 29 September 2010

A Rose is a rose is a rose...

Jean at Just Scraps has a challenge #20 running called 'Round and Red'. Creative Card Crew have a Challenge called "Bloomin' Marvellous".I have a set of stamps from WMS called Roses in Bloom which I loved but had not got to ink up yet.

Serendipitous, I thought! Roses are red, and are flowers, and I have those new Copic pens in red as well.........here 'tis!:


The sentiment is from Florishes - Kids at Play stamp set. I used some SU card that had been through a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and a doily. I also added some gold Smooch to the centre of the roses.  I also layered up the main rose, and masked to include some leaves and another smaller rose and a bud.  So, Jean - they are round (sort of) and red (definitely) and I enjoyed the experiment! I then fussy cut one side of the leaves/flower.  The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Ex-Press card.

5 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful work with this rodent set Susan!

Deborah Frings said...

I love WMS stamps and this set is so appropriate. Lovely.

Teresa Abajo said...

Great Copic work Susan.
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Susan would you like to check past my blog and send me an email please!!!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a lovely floral card. Great coloring and design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the creative card crew.
Denise
CCC-DT