Monday 18 October 2010

Friends always....

Just playing  round with the stamps from Waltzing Mouse Stamps - a set called Teeny Trees.  I tried to meet the Colour Throwdown challenge #114 of Poppy Parade, Choc Chip, Pear Pizzaz and So Saffron. However, I don't have any of these colours yet except for So Safron, so had to approximate. Delightful Sketches has  a challenge to use metal on the card - Metal Mania - so I used four brown brads.

One card is either a birthday or just friendship card, and the other is for Christmas.  The first one is the one that meets the two challenges.


I tried to be a bit edgy but think I am too old to be edgy! That is a piece of plastic waste and the card and DP are scraps, attached to a piece of SU So Safron card. All inks used except the stems on the trees are SU, and the stems are Momento Tuxedo Black. The bow is Papermania.

The second uses the same stamp set with the tinsel embossed in gold, and the sentiment and stars just stamped in gold. The whole is mounted on gold mirror card, and then a piece of Kaiser Christmas Collection paper. The whole is then on a blank of aqua Bazzil card. 

4 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Susan these are lovely creations I love the second one especially!
I didn't order this set and now I'm kicking myself!!!
Either of you cards would have been great in the blog waltz too!!!!!!!

dstandard said...

Such lovely cards! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Wishcraft said...

Great cards, love those trees - I really love how you've embossed them on the second card :o) Lisa x

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Both are very pretty.:) Thanks for joining DS.

Hugs, Rosalien