Sunday 21 November 2010

Holly's Sketch

ThereSheGoes Challenge #81 is called Holly's Sketch.  I used the sketch to create this card and shall enter it in their challenge, although I have not used one of my TSG stamps to create it!   It is made from pieces of Christmas papers from the  Christmas box, and some sponging of SU Red ink, and a tag that has been hanging around for a while, which I had stamped with a free stamp from UK Stampers magazine, and then coloured in....the sentiment is in a nestability, embossed and stamped with gold and red ink, with a stamp from WMS.








Stamps: Free stamp: Elusive Images; Waltzing Mouse Stamp - Complements of the Season; and Vintage Labels 4
Paper and Card: SU Cherry Cobler base card; SU Whisper White for frame;  Kaiser Bell collection - Natalie; scrap paper
Ink: SU Riding Hood Red; Encore Gold
Other: Red Tag with vellum centre; gold ribbon; bling; Clear EP

OTHER THINGS:

I told you in the last post that I had sent my grandson his birthday present - I did not hear on his day that it  had arrived, so assumed it was late and would get there on the Saturday or Monday - I knew he would have lots of things anyway to open on his birthday.  Yes, it did arrive on Saturday - but only by the kind offices of a neighbour who lives at 71 not 31 their street!  I had put the wrong number in the address! Anyway it was quite early in the morning, and he was ecstatic because he had a whoopee cushion (he "knew I was sending him one", he said - strange, I didn't until I saw it in the shop and thought he would be amused!) and a stethoscope "a real one!" His thanks were perfunctory, as the box had not yet been gone through in all its depth and he wanted to get back to exploring to see what else was in there, so guess it was a success! What a shame we missed seeing it, but thank goodness for the phone! Happy birthday Jack. 



1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

This is a lovely card. I like how you mixed together elements from different companies - it's super.

You've been really busy with Christmas cards - I really like the sparkle effect.