Friday 4 February 2011

To the One I Love

Thank you for the comments and positive thoughts - my family and friends are all shaken but OK as the result of Yasi.  I think it will take a long time for the state of Queensland to recover for these double blows of massive floods in the SE and cyclone/tsunami in the far north.

I have been busy and have not posted for a few days - I had intended to enter the CR84FN colour challenge - red, turquoise and brown - and had a card plotted in my head and then half completed for a few days, but today was so lovely, and there is rain threatening for the weekend, so I have been out for lunch with friends and visiting other friends rather than sit indoors and crafting today. However, I got home and it was calling to me from downstairs, like a baby calling for its mother really, and I am weak! So, here it is, for better of worse:


I found this Bohemia DP in my stash and knew that I wanted to use it for this challenge.  It took a while for the idea to emerge as to how I could use it, and after several trials, this view was chosen and cut out - once committed it came together quite easily. The edges of the DP and the circle tag have been sponged with brown ink, and the butterfly attached with dimentional magic. The inside is blank for a personal message.



Stamps:  None!
Paper and Card:  SU Ruby Red; My Mind's Eye - Bliss "Make a Wish" DP
Ink:  SU Chocolate
Other:   a metal butterfly; Cuttlebug Label die cuts; brown brad; rub-on from Letrapress; dimensionals and double sided tape

4 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Your card is lovely. I think the DP was made for this challenge, it's a lovely image. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Susan - so glad to hear that your family are okay following the cyclone. The weather's not being kind to anyone at the moment!

Unknown said...

Very glad to hear that your family and friends are all ok! They've had a rough experience!
Your card turned out lovely, you used nice stamps! Take care, have a nice weekend, Ira

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty card Susan! Great job with all the sponging~can't believe you did not use a stamp! Very creative! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Sue Lelli said...

Susan, I am so GLAD you were weak and your card called from the basement!! (LOL!) So PRETTY! LOVE the butterfly and the inside, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!