Saturday 9 April 2011

Always too late.......

....AND I got up early for a Saturday to complete them! I'm talking about Waltzing rodents sketch Challenge this week, which was to make three "itty-bitty cards"! Never mind, I will enter them in Let's Ink it Up's challenge for Easter Creations and the Tuesday Throwdown - Spring challenge #43 anyway.



My three little gift cards are for Easter - and I made them using WMS stamps from several different sets: Bitty Banners, Líl Buddies, Eggstra Special and Nestie Eggs.  I embossed the eggs with different EP's and cut them out with scissors despite the fact that I now have the Nestability to do this (forgot!), stamped the chick from the Líl Buddies set and coloured it in with the Copics, and then fussy cut them out and stamped the sentiments in various SU inks to match the colour schemes of each.  I added the flower to match, and used my Martha Stewart edge punches to liven up the backing papers.

The background card is a piece of yellow Gemstone, and the small card blanks are commercial. I find that they don't fold well though - you have to redo them with the bone folder several times to get them to fold properly.

I will make several more of these, as I have already got several more eggs embossed and ready to go - I was trying out different embossing powders with this stamp - and more chicks and banners already stamped out.  They make up quickly.  I had to desist from working on them last night to go and cook dinner, and that's why I'm late for the rodent challenge- spent all day yesterday on relief teaching work! At least I get paid for that I suppose but it doesn't seem fair to miss out on crafting time! Enough moaning, the day is still nice outside so I will get moving and go out!

Second Edition (aka several hours later):

I will add this to the Craft Us Crazy - Easter/Spring theme challenge:

I had a box (one of many saved) and thought that as I was making a few of these, I might as well make a box to put them in! So I dressed up the old chocolate box and added the cards!


Appropriate name for a (small) box of chockies!


Five cards fit inside easily


The front of the box! The ribbon is recycled Christmas ribbon. 

5 comments:

Sharon said...

These are really sweet little cards. I like that each one is slightly different and the colours are so spring-like! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up easter challenge.
Stamping Hugs,
Sharon aka Celticrafter

Unknown said...

Adorable creation, love the colour choices. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Suzanne x

Deborah Frings said...

Don't Claire's stamps set work really well together? I think you've done an awesome job on thise cards and it's a shame you missed the deadline! (Been there, done that ;() I really like the bright jewel colours you used for your Easter eggs! Super set!

Shirl said...

Very pretty creations, love them all. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous project Susan. I love your bright and cheery cards. They are perfect for our Easter challenge at LIIU, thanks for sharing them with us.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox