Sunday 14 August 2011

Wooden pieces

I stole borrowed some wood veneer from my hubby's workshop to see if it was stampable, and it is.  I stamped it with Momento Close to Cocoa and then had to go over it with fine black pen, to define the images.  I used the SU set Thanks for Caring, and the newest In-Colours from SU markers - Coral Calypso; Island Indigo; Lucky Limeade; Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder to colour the image and layered it up on card from the same set ( PP, CC and II).  I smooched the edges with brown Momento ink.
The sentiment isn't straight and the rounded edges are hand done (badly) as the veneer was too thick to get into my punch, but now I know it can be done.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely card, great idea, nice texture of the veneer, pretty butterfly.

Deborah Frings said...

This is fab - I really like the texture you've got from using the wood veneer - the card has a folksy feel. I would think that using wood veneer like this would make a great masculine card!