Monday 24 October 2011

Diamonds are the girls best friend

I have an SU party this weekend (Hi Natalie) and have put together a few templates for this as make-and-takes or demo's.  I have another few ideas I am mulling over as well, so this may not be all there is to chose from yet.

I am hampered as I don't have a lot of SU DP in Christmas designs - in fact I cannot find any! I was sure I had some in the stash but must have used it all.  Anyway, here are my cards:


They are a bit basic - the bauble and the sentiment are embossed with clear over Orchid Opulance (no longer available) so I would use either Rich Razzleberry or Perfect Plum. The green is Old Olive. The sets are Delightful Decorations and Baroque Flourishes, with the sentiment coming from Seasons of Joy. I used the bauble punch to make the shape, and lined it up inside with the Stamp-a-ma-jig.  I pricked the line of holes for effect using the Mat Pack tool. The card is Whisper White and the DP is .........from the past!


This is it laying flat.


This one John didn't like, but I do - I have used a variety of stamps for snowflakes and randomly stamped them over the top of the card ( Island Indigo) with white ink, and then stamped some of the snowflake stamps from other sets with Versamark on Whisper White and embossed them with gold EP. They were then punched out with various size punches and added.  The strip of Pool Party card has been off-stamped with white ink and the swirl from Hope, and then sprayed with gold Smooch glitter. The sentiment comes from a Waltzing Mouse set. 


This is the diamond card - the shape is of course the reason for the name.  The stamp set is Winter Post, coloured in with Copics, but you could use SU markers.  I have cut the scalloped circle wit the die cutter and the circle is cut and embossed before being stamped and coloured, except I did put the background in with sponges before I removed it from the die. The gold card is from my stash.


It opens out a bit like a bon-bon. The sentiment is from an old SU set and punched out with an SU punch, and the edges inked with Poppy Parade ink. The card is a 12 x 12 bazzill and the DP is from Basic Grey's Nordic Holiday pad. 


I clipped it so you can see what it looks like in the envelope. 

1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

What super cards!! I do like the first one with the baroque swirls and bauble! Love the snowflake one too! Have a good party.