Sunday 30 June 2013

Go Confidently....



.....in the direction of your Dreams.

On Wednesday night I went to a school/college production of the old 50's Musical "Curtains", and saw a piece of theatre that would not be sneezed at on Broadway - I've been there and seen a couple of shows so I do know what they are like.  The kids were spectacular and the singing was excellent for most of the leads, with the dancing pretty snappy too. All the entrances and exits were good and on cue and it ran very smoothly. Better yet, I could hear every word spoken or sung - clear and enunciated beautifully, even with a fake America accent or too.

Didn't hurt that my grand-daughter Hettie was one of the leads either. Last night tonight (Saturday night)- and then bump out before leaving the theatre.  Guess she will be home very late! Well done kiddo.

God, she looks so grown up!


My card is for her..........and for GINGERLOFT's next challenge - RED. WHITE and BLUE!




I guess if you live in the USA you could do this one for the 4th July celebrations, but I don't, so I didn't.


The digi is called Beach, and has a lovely dreamy look, so I didn't colour it up too brightly - I used my Prisma's and Zest to colour it, and a Sixzzix frame die to put it in.  Layered up some papers from my stash, and used a sentiment from VERVE to finish it off. There is a doily there as well and some bling.


I will enter this in the following challenges:
Five Simple things: Anything Goes for Inspire me Fridays
Left of Centre: use a sentiment on the front
QKR Stampede: Anything Goes

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How proud you must be.

Great card.TFS.

mags said...

A lovely card. Super image.
You must be very proud and rightly so.
Mags
x

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is gorgeous all framed out in that die - cut!

Mian said...

What a gorgeous card - love the image! Great design and your coloring is great!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at QKR Stampede.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Hugs Mian
QKR Stampede Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Steph said...

Beautiful card, what a lovely sentiment and that frame is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Left of Center Challenges this week :)

Bettina L. said...

Fabolous card. Love the details with the diecut,blue background and beautiful stamped scene.Thanks for playing at QKR Stampede Bettina DT Member at QKR Stampede!! xx