When I got there - I was the only one for the Saturday afternoon class! One-on-one for moi! I really enjoyed it too - it was quiet and I was able to take my time and work through the four cards. We used a 6 x 6 pad called Simple Stories - Vintage Bliss and very few other things to create the four cards and there were heaps of pages left over to take home.
Now, the thing I enjoyed most about this class was I was able to really get outside my comfort style and create something where I had never thought I would go. I kept getting little light-bulb moments - oh, yes of course I can do that! How clever! Never thought of doing that with that!
With life then taking over, I did not take these four cards and accompanying materials out of the bag until this weekend. I was determined I would make at least four more cards using the material I had, and trying to CASe this style of working.
Here are the four card Teresa helped me make (her design):
You can see it is not my usual style. By the way, the timber paper is cut into strips and glued one over the other after distressing to give it all some dimension. The two left over strips are used on the fourth card over the doily.
This one shows the tag out of the pocket in the middle card.
A close up of one card showing the embossed linen squares! I am so glad I know the trick for these now. Also just used a hole punch and a pen to pull through the holes to mimic the notepaper.
A close up of the layering
The flowers are stamped onto the small grey squares, with stems masked off so that they look as if they are printed on the squares.
The squares, the bingo cards and some other elements have been cut out of one of the sheets of 6 x 6. There are a lot of them left to play with! The roses are a packet of Kaiser paper roses. I ended up using them all. There was a button, a bit of line strip, some twill tape, incidental sentiment stamps, some string, a doily, a butterfly punch, scissors, glue, dimentionals and one die cut also used between the four cards.
My cards look different but alike - if that makes sense. I had to laugh to myself when I was taking the photo's - it is obvious that I have my own take on things! I have done a bit of fussy cutting, and a lot of copying, and made four cards.
Pink features a little more. Who would have known! Teresa's are more in the cool colour range and mine in the warm but we used the same papers! My butterflies come from the SU die which embosses and cuts out five butterflies at once. I used four.
1. B Happy: Distress papers, with a bit of a contract paper behind the torn sections; fussy cut out an element and a bingo card and a letter B; die cut the butterfly; used a left-over square of linen card with a rose.
2. Live and Love: fussy cut flowers; some lace; stamped a frame and sentiment (Annabelle stamps and TH Distress ink) and fussy cut the frame out; bingo cards and another element with a butterfly; layered fussy cut flower and butterfly and sentiment.
3. Pocket card: die cut a gift-card pocket; fussy cut flowers, cut out chevrons and another element; made a tag, stamped it and added the string; added two roses and a butterfly.
Stamped the tag with a flower and the sentiment. Punched out a small pink circle, attached it to the tag and punched a hole through both to take the string.
4. Love card: started with base paper, added heart doily; a strip of paper; a chevron cut from zig-zag papers; a fussy-cut flower; two grey square elements stamped with flowers; a butterfly; and a rose
Now I am going to go through my stack of 6 x 6 pads and look at them with a different light - and make a set of cards from them using the elements from the pad rather than relying on stash or a stamped image for the focal point; and just making the papers go behind. Thanks Teresa for the lesson in seeing things differently.
Challenges I will enter:
Allsorts Challenge Blog: in the garden (Number 1)
Crafty Calendar: things with Wings (No 4 )
Hiding in my Craftroom: using scraps (No 2)
CASE study: colour challenge (No 3)