Wednesday 10 July 2013

Unusual Fold for Crafting with Dragonflies

We are up to Challenge #6 for Crafting with Dragonflies and the Dragonflies are asking you to create a card with an unusual fold but NOT AN EASEL CARD........

...................in fact, anything but an Easel Card

As an added twist, either give instructions on making it  OR  a link to where you got the idea. 

Our generous sponsors for this challenge are Delicious Doodles
4 Digis of winners choice

and
 and Di's Digi Designs (a $10 gift voucher)

Wow, how generous are they - thanks people!

I made a Bendifold -  but I will probably make a different shape because I am not very happy with it. I saw this on Splitcoaststampers and loved the one that was created by Bibiana, and foolishly thought I would have a go - here is one of hers:


It's gorgeous! Obviously way above my skill level however as I discovered when making mine!

Here is mine: what do you think?



A garden scene, using Hilde's freebie flowers for a focus!

I started off OK and had no problems following the instructions to make the base card - the tags to hold the curves need to be carefully made and remade as you add things to the front (and back) of the bends - I chose not to add to the back of my bends as I was already a bit overloaded on the front. 



You can see the tags here




This is a back view 


I printed out three copies of the digi's and coloured them up with Copics.  I then masked them and sponged over some Memento Summer Sky and New Sprout ink to take the brightness of the white card away.


I used a lot of dies - mostly Memory Box, but not all. I cut the flowers out in white card and then coloured them straight with no blending using the Copics. The snail by MB was in grey card and I added the eye but it got covered with glue - I tried to erase it with my glue eraser but the marks still show.


The cat is MB too - isn't it cute - no glue here.  Murphy's law says where it doesn't show it would be!! The fence is from Cheery Lyn and I glued some wood paper to some kraft, and then die cut it out - I was please with this effect. 


The vine is Die-namics and the tree is is Spellbinders. The clouds are Whimsy.


The salutation is from SU - Apothecary Art


So - a Bendicard fold...........it was fun to make I must admit.

I will enter this in the following challenges:
Can You Digi It: Summer theme
Paper Minutes: Anything Goes
Shopping our Stash:  Summer colours - yep!








9 comments:

Ina G said...

oh Susan you were game making this fabulous card. I have seen it and thought about it - thought that is. You have done a marvellous job of making and going to great detail of the making along the way.
Love it just awesome.

judith@poppy cottage said...

This is great Susan, a really pretty card, with fabulous embellishments. You have put a lot of work into it, but the finished result is well worth it, hugs, Judith xx

kel Acopan said...

my goodness susan... so much work for this bendifold... but it is just gorgeous!! i think you did a great job with it.

happyglitzygirl said...

Well done Susan, I love that you tried something different, all the elements go really well, so much detail, like your better....blessings Hilde

~ Barb said...

Wow, what a creation! So much detail, and we'd have never noticed the glue if you hadn't pointed it out, lol. I think my favorite is the fence, what a great idea to use patterned paper over kraft.
{Hugs} Barb

Unknown said...

Stunning card , love all the details hugs txx

Alica said...

very pretty and elaborate garden scene! Good job!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Susan. How did I miss this post? Should have linked my tri shutter card. Anyhow. Have a great weekend.

Emkay said...

Wow! I haven't seen this fold before. You did a great job with it. Fab card!

Thank you for joining us at CYDI?