I played with some TH Distress inks and big tags - this is the result!
I was attempting to use some Textured paste I has purchased before Christmas and some other stuff I got just after to see what they were like. Decor Art Dimensional Effects and Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium - Gold Shine. The idea was to use some of the different masks I have got recently as well, but they are a bit big still for me to get my head around, so I chose to die-cut into a thickish card and use the result to create my texture on the tags. I found the die cuts worked fine (they came from MFT) and I used a small palette knife to smooth through some of the paste - it looks like toothpaste but less wet - through the cuts and then also added the Sparkle medium too - Yum effect! I just threw out the resultant die-cut mess after I had finished and washed off the silicon sheet! Hardly got dirty hands at this stage!!
You have to leave them for at least four hours to dry - mine were left overnight - and then I started to smooch on the Distress Inks - the card the tags were made of just took these beautifully. I did get inky fingers here as I couldn't be bothered putting on some rubber gloves! A stamp and a bit of German Scrap, a tag and some ribbon and a metal charm. The rim on the circle and the charm were silver so I took to them with my old Krylon gold pen. You can see both die-cuts represented here. I added a piece of scrap card behind the tag to allow a message to be written on it and to cover up the ink that soaked through. Did this on all three. A bit of TH Block Soot was also smudged around the edges.
One of the tags had been swiped through some Gesso - just the top part - before I decided that wasn't a good idea, and the card from the die-cut stuck to this wet patch but it produced a great result so it was a good mistake! It has a different look to other two. I will use Gesso more now I know what the effect is but the need to dry it a bit more is important!
Here there are thee tags and a topper added. I stamped Fabulous from LOTV onto a piece of Prima packaging, using TH Barn Door Distress ink, and smeared around some of this and some of the Black Soot again. I smeared two smaller white tags with the distress inks and then stamped them with a swirl stamp and Black Soot ink. They were added with a sparkly split pin. The topper was off-set and the tag had a bit of gold seam binding added.
The last one was just paste onto the tag, dried and then sponged with TH distress inks and stamped with a WMS fleur-de-lis stamp in Black Soot. I added a bookplate to this with a piece of card smooched with inks and stamped with a small stamp from an old SU set One of a Kind.
I had a bit of bling that sort-of matched the fleur-de-lis so added it! It's from the stash!
WMS frame stamp and some feathers, and a big gold split pin! I rubbed some more of the Sparkle Medium between the lines of the dimensional paste to make it stand out more as well and again smooched the black ink a bit. Not to sure about the ribbon on this - may change it to a red ribbon! I had fun and they are not too bad.
Voila! Three birthday tags!
I will enter these in the following challenges:
Altered Eclectics: Anything Goes
Rhedds Creative Spirit: Altered Art
A Vintage Journey: Challenge 1 - I feel this is a bit cheeky as mine is so basic but I have put it out there anyway!