Saturday 5 April 2014

A Saturday post

Well, life here has settled down again - and things are quiet! However John did go out with the mooring barge this morning to check the chain on our mooring, as we rent it to another boatman. We have been having occasions of quite wild weather here - just like everywhere else - and last month we had a fierce wind storm. John tells me the chain had to be almost completely replaced this morning!  Thank goodness it held during the storm or one small yacht would have been washed ashore!


Early in May it will be Mother's Day here in Australia - but my mother passed away a long time ago now, and my dearly loved MIL passed away last year, so I have no-one to make a card for this year! I still
made one though.


I die-cut a doily; added a wooden bird cage and bird; and a spray of flowers


Layered all this onto a square paper doily an some hand made paper - my paper doily had been sprayed with gold mist and the die cut one I cut from some lovely gold holographic paper. So was the word. It was all heaped onto a pearlised square commercial blank, and I then stamped the tag with SU Crisp Canteloupe ink and using a WMS - EggstraSpecial, and smudged the tag with TH Antique Linen ink. 

Inside says "For my MUM with all my love"

I will enter this in the following challenges:
A Creative Romance: Spring flowers
4Crafty Girls: Anything Goes
IBS: Colour Challenge 80 

Oh, and I have to share this too:

Top 3 Badge

It was for the Crafting with Dragonflies Blog Hop!

9 comments:

lisa808 said...

Beautiful memorial card for your mother. Thanks so much for sharing a bit of yourself and your talent with us at IBS.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Your card is stunning. I love the die cut doily and all of your beautiful embellishments. My Mom and MIL are both passed too so I know the feeling... Your card is a wonderful tribute to your Mum. Thank you for entering our Mother's Day Challenge at JellyPark Friends this round an good luck...
Hugs,
Georgia

Merry said...

This a beautiful card Susan….lovely flowers and lacy background. Congrats on the Top three win…well deserved. How lucky were you with your yacht. My husband would be envious of you having a moored boat. :-)

Chrissy said...

A stunning Mothers day card Susan..the flowers are gorgeous and love the sparkle and bird in the cage...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Nancy said...

What a beautiful card, Susan! I really like how you put this together! Thank you for joining us at Jellypark Friends! :o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.

Suzie McFloozy said...

What a beautiful touching memorial to your mum x Thanks for playing along with us at Jellypark & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Linda Levoir said...

Beautiful and elegant. Thanks for joining in with our Spring Flowers challenge at A Creative Romance :) xx

Hath said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at 4 Krafty Girlz this time. Good Luck. Hugs Angelie