Sunday 6 April 2014

I'm late for Squirrel and Fox Challenge #67 - All creatures great and small

So sorry -got behind! Here I was thinking I was up-to-date too! Well, that is a name for a potato here in Tassie and now I feel a bit like one! A potato, that is!

(My sentiment is computer generated)
My card for the Squirrel and the Fox today is a Get-well card and relies on a play on words (pun) to work. My image is from our sponsor for this challenge - Oak Pond Creations. 


They are offering 3 digi's of the winners choice from the store as their prize.  

This small owl really does have his head on sideways! It took me awhile to realise this and it wasn't until I had coloured him up (yes, Copics) that I saw that his feet were not feathers on the side - I had to go back and colour them in differently!


So, I printed out and coloured up another head and put this onto a little wobbler! 
He is green because he is feeling really, really sick! (You can tell by his eyes)


I didn't know what background papers to use and I was flicking through stuff in the scrap paper basket and came across this off-cut from a SU DP; the colours matched, and it has a sort of "Ooooo" feel to it as well - a bit crazy, so thought it suited the idea I was creating. I made it the day a close relative was feeling the effects of too much alcohol from the night before! Self-inflicted illnesses always amuse me - unless it is me that is suffering of course! Not for quite a while thank goodness - perhaps I am learning!


You can sort-of see the wobbler here - the head wobbles in a tight wobble when you flick the owl's ear. 

I will enter this in the following challenges:
All Sorts: no flowers to be used! (nope,none there....)
My Time to Craft: wildlife (yes, and I am sure it was wild the night before too!)
My Creative Moments: Word play - hope this will be owlright???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very appropriate for self inflicted illnesses - I think your eyes might feel a bit like that - been a while for me too.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

LOL! great image love the colours you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Donna Ellis said...

HA! How adorable is your little owl with his crooked neck! LOVE your darling card, Susan. Great use of the wobblers, too! Perfect pick-me-up card for someone whooooo is feeling under the weather. Thanks for sharing! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

Desire Fourie said...

This is just adorable and so fun. Love the cheerful colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Merry said...

This card is such fun….love that his head moves.

Craftnut said...

Lovely card for our no flowers challenge thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x