Monday 5 May 2014

Unstampabelles Challenge #35 - for a Special Person in your life

Over at Unstampabelles Challenge  a new Challenge is beginning for May and it is a corker!

At least a little birdie told me so........


Now, you probably have noticed that I LOVE my MFT Di-Namics!


 ...and another one....


I used all of these to create my DT card for this challenge.  What do birds have to do with this? Well.......

........in fact, the challenge is 

A Special Person 
CARD or PROJECT but it must be paper based. 
This means it can be a scrap page as well.

It may be Mother's Day project or similar but does not have to be that
It can be for a male or a female

TWIST: to write on your blog WHY that person is special to YOU
It can be a mother or your significant other, or a much loved person in the family or a person who deserves recognition



Nope, mine is not for my husband and myself (although it could have been). No, it is for two birds together who have been friends for a long time, even though we lived in different states for most of that time. She is going through a tough time at the moment looking after very aged parents and dealing with her own health problems,and I just wanted to wish her some blue skies,and hope and healing.....from one old bird to another!


This card fold comes from Regal Craft - I was in Launceston at Agfest last week (great fun and we got the good weather on Thursday) and called in at Regal Craft on Wednesday night to stock up on some card blanks and stuff, and thank them for supporting my challenge blog at Unstampabelles with sponsorship. I got a packet of these folds in heavy Craft card, nice and  big and super to work with and tell a story. You could really layer these up and they wouldn't fall over at all. 


This is the inside.  I used old SU DP and cut it to size as my backing papers. The die cuts I have talked about and the sentiments are either a die cut (Kaiser pack) or a sticker and talk about friends and friendship.
The die cut the sticker is on was floating on the desk so was used up!

Finally, last week I was recognised as a
at Electic Ellapu for this card! Thanks ladies for choosing me. 

I will enter this new card in the following:
Challenges4Everyone: Anything Goes - ends 30th May
Lauralcraft - Dragonfly Dreams: How Does your Garden grow - ends 30th May
Crafting at the Weekend: Anything Goes - ends 30th May
CraftyCAtz: Anything but a Square - ends 10th May


8 comments:

JanR said...

Great card, Susan! Wonderful scene you've created.

Electra said...

What a wonderful card! I Love the fluffy white clouds! Really nice treatment of this type of card. Thank you for joining our challenge at Opus Gluei, we hope to see you again!

Laurian said...

What a wonderful card and perfect for our challenge!

Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian
Owner Dragonfly Dreams

Janette said...

This is a sweet card Susan and so is the thought behind it...
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your recognition.
Fab card - hope your friend sees sunnier skies before to long.
Lastly thank you for visiting earlier - didn't finish the book still over 600 pages to go!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the fabulous creativity on this card. Your details are just perfect too! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenges, Elizabeth (DT)

Chat Noir said...

I always look at these blanks and wonder how I'd put one together...you give me lots of inspiration! Love what you've created here and I love the tiny red flowers and birds. Thanks for playing along at Opus Gluei, and as the only Australian member of that team, welcome! And now I know where to look for some goodies when next I'm in Tassie.

Rosemary said...

What a darling card for a friend, especially one you have so much to share with (I have a friend like that as well, we keep each other sane, lol). They will love this, it is fun, colorful, and very cleverly put together. My friend is not crafty so she makes me feel wonderful with what I send her. You don't have to worry about that, this is terrific. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Opus Gluei, I hope we are able to get you back for future themes. I would like to see what they inspire from you!