Monday 15 December 2014

Unstampabelles Third week Challenge #42

Summer Fun!

and the TWIST is to make it a Southern Hemisphere Christmas

An adventurous young male koala who found a spot to picnic on the Apollo Bay harbour front in Victoria this week. He was having fun at the seaside!




Who else eyes off each Christmas card that arrives for its potential for recycling?
Good, glad I am not the only strange one!

This card is made from one received in the past (last year I think) and I cut out the image and made myself another card with it. 



I trimmed out the greenery and mounted it onto a red card to match his PJ's!
After I did this I decided to put some gold embossing around the edges of the red card - only got a bit of gold else where..........


I was making an easel card so I decided to make a gum nut flower (eucalyptus) just like in the card image, and so I played with my card and scissors and created this - the leaves have gold pen veins.


You can see it better here.  Some gold card and some bling and a gold star, and it was done!


He folds not quite flat but that is OK because he is going in a box!

I will enter this in the following challenges:





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. You have done a great job of up cycling. Thanks for sharing.
In the past I would re use the card fronts now I donate them to kinder. I have so many Chrissy themed toys to play with these days.

Merry said...

What brilliant recycling Susan...love the gum flower for the very Aussie card.