Monday 2 March 2015

Peace and Harmony

Challenge #45 at Unstampabelles is all about 

Peace and Harmony



with a TWIST to incorporate flight in your work

The prize is this new die

I started out with a blank black card, and I diecut a rectangle from the front of it
I then took a piece of white card,and started to play with my TH Distress inks and sponges. I cut out a circle for the sun/moon/whatever and a cloud shape and used them to mask out the shape before beginning to sponge. It was a bit like painting with sponges! It was also FUN!


I then went to my Di-namics die of the branch and birds and leaves, and die cut out the various bits and pieces I wanted in various scrap card colours. I then glued the leaves and birds on. By this stage I was doing a bit of a happy dance as it was all looking as if it would work out OK! I placed a piece of card on the inside of my aperture and secured it down as a backing, and slipped the 'painted' background into the shape on the front. L then glued down the branch across the background.


I diecut from white card the sentiment and attached in top left hand corner. Got this little beauty from eBay, along with two other sayings in the same pack. It needed something so I quickly drew around the frame with a white gel pen to frame it more. I had also added some Wink of Stella white to the cloud and the sun, and in some lights they shimmer nicely but it is hard to get it to photograph. 


A peaceful dawn and the twittering of birds creating a harmony!

You should see what else the DT has created over on Unstampabelles!
Go and have a look-see and drool, and then start creating!


3 comments:

Wynn said...

Great card and great challenge once again Susan. I have enjoyed creating and stretching my imagination......you did it again. I hope we get lots of entries for this one. W x

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card Susan. Love the die cuts with the background scene - Michelle x

Anonymous said...

Fab card. Love all the bits.
I don't dare go near ebay! it might send me broke :)