Google+ Followers

Monday, April 23, 2018

What a Tonic is Tonic!


Warning - lots of photo's

I got a new set of dies and stuff from Tonic - plus a magazine. I think it came out earlier in the UK but I have just got my hands on it so I had a play! I made some things for the latest challenge at


for the current challenge

Use Acetate or Vellum

I used both in one card and then just vellum (but two different kinds) in another....then I just played!

Firstly - my other view.......


A truly beautiful long exposure from Swimcart Beach at the Bay of Fires thanks to Sam McEwen.

www.instagram.com/smcewenphotography


This one has two different vellums used. I die cut one piece into a heart and  layered another on top of a sheet of black card.


Then I die cut out some other hearts from the set and built up the structure. I added a die cut sentiment and some red liquid pearls for a simple but I think elegant card. It is then added to a cream card. It could be for an engagement or a wedding.


Another angle....


This is another shaker card using acetate and then I put some plain vellum behind another heart and added a rub on sentiment....


You can see the seed pearls inside the shaker and again it could be an engagement or similar. 


These two suit the current challenge at Unstampabelles

You can go HERE to enter

Then I had a play with some other ideas from the magazine - my mojo has been hiding lately and I find that following an idea can help me find it again and it did. I made these two before the ones I made for the challenge - some are similar and some are my own idea.....

This one is coated over the EF print with gold paint rubbed on with my finger to highlight the embossing - and the whole is lifted up on dimensionals for extra height.


Interesting colour combo's on the DP that came with the kit. 


I suppose I could have made this into a shaker too but I like the idea of digging for depth.


This one was basically copied although I didn't have the background die they did so used an old Sizzix one I had that fitted the cut down Embossing folder piece. The coral and gold and cream layering adds extra dimension.


This one was the first one done - I could feelmy mojo releasing as I die cut the bits and fitted them together. While it is not exactly the same as theirs it is very similar.


They were such pretty dies, they deserved to be showcased here. 


The DP came from the kit. 

That's all folks - keep well!

1 comment:

scrAPpamondo said...

Wow, how many fabulous card!! They are all so impressive, great designs! Love especially your use of vellum and acetate in the second one, such amazing shaker card!
The scenic photo make me speechless! WOW! How is stunning Mother Earth! Amazing shot!