Tuesday 25 August 2009

A masterpiece.......NOT!

I have just returned from my oil painting class. It is the last one for this semester - next one starts late September. I listened to our teacher talk about the various kinds of Linseed Oil around and which one to use in a 3 part medium (there are quite a few you don't use!) as well as why you should varnish your work (and how to varnish it).......and all the while my hand was trying to sketch out the figure of a woman on the paper. When she had completed her talk and I was ready to paint, I mixed up three sets of colours on my pallette  -  sky, sea and cliff! NOT what I had been sketching, I thought, so turned over my board and prepared another piece of paper and rough painted in a cliff and beach scene in about 20 minutes - even looks OK to me! Why does our brain work like that? Was it fear of figures and failure so go for the familiar or was it something trying to wriggle out of my subconscious? Oh well, will finish off the beach scene over the next little while and see what becomes of it.
In the meantime, I have been making a few thank you cards, so have decided to put up another couple for you to view. If you see anything you like, they are usually for sale - make an offer!



All material is StampinUp unless otherwise stated.  Both cards are made on a commercial white card;
Card One:
Paper: Tempting Turqoise and Tangerine Tango; backing paper from stash
Inks: Tempting Turquoise; Basic Grey
Stamps: One of a Kind (both flower and sentiment); a banner clear stamp from a set by Kaiser
Embellishments: Rhinestone Brads - blue
Card Two:
Paper: Tempting Turqoise and Tangerine Tango; DP Bali Breeze

Inks: Tempting Turquoise;
Stamp: Say it with Scallops
Embellishments: Brads from stash

No comments: