Friday 21 August 2009

Getting the hang of things


I made this card late last week for a friend's birthday. The face stamp is from Shirley's2Girls Clear Art Stamps and is called I'm Knot (505G) and the sentiment is one of Ann-ticipations 9466G; the card used is SU card (Pink Passion, Bashful Blue and Green Galore) ; embossed with Cuttlebug folders and the flowers and brads came from all over! Really it was made with offcuts where I had been practicing using my new Cuttlebug which my dear husband gave to me for my birthday, along with a number of folders for embossing! It's a great toy to play with!
I have started to get the hang of this now!
Hope you like my blog picture? It is a photo taken off the west coast of Tassie, near Strahan, late in 2006 on a cool Spring day - next stop is the East coast of Africa! There were only myself, my husband and some seagulls on the beach for miles to see.

I spent this morning listening in to the Billy Hyde School's Band competitions in Melbourne, streaming live performances - we lucked into being able to watch one of our granddaughters play her cornet with her High School band in this competition, and were able to listen to the adjudicator giving the kids some advice on how to tackle several of their pieces. It was excellent entertainment and very exciting to realise it was live streaming! Yeah for technology!




No comments: