Wednesday 2 September 2009

Granddaughters....so cute and funny

What a lovely day it is today - full of sunshine and the scent of Spring! I went to work for two hours this morning (doing some relief teaching) and had a good time with a bunch of Yr 11/12's doing River Catchments for Life  Science.  I seem to be versatile - have had Life Science,  Chemistry, Japanese and ESL2 in the lst fortnight!  Earning some spare cash to increase my stamp collection and pay for some of our break on the mainland next week. The mainland is what we call the big island over the Bass Strait, or the rest of Australia!

I did get that granddaughter's card completed yesterday however. I made one for her mother's birthday in July which had a bird on it, with the sentiment saying "Happy Birdday".  Miss 5 thought that was very amusing, and she sent me one back for my birthday in August with a similar message.  She is an avid crafter and loves to make cards - to the detriment of my stash when she is here!  I have made her birthday card as big and bold as I could - its a 15cm x 15 cm so that it could hold all the elements! And it had to have a bird on it so I used the new free owl stamp I got from my UK magazine Crafter Stamper.  It is one by Sugan Nellie and very cute! She is very bright so I think she will enjoy  the play on words (Whoo's) but of course it has to have glitz and glamour as well!  AND be PINK! She is a girly-girl, this one.

The card used is StampinUp's In Colour Pink Pirouette and Whisper White while the ink used is Pink Pirouette.  The card and paper pieces are scraps from DCWV's All Dressed Up Matstock; DCWV's Whimsy card; SU's Sweet Always DP; and a piece of Alison Ellis - Flights of Fancy - Pastel Sky Stripes. The ribbon is just pink satin ribbon from my stash; the letters are from Pink Paisley stick on letters.  I used a SU edge punch on the Pastel Stripes paper - Eyelet Border.

A close-up of the owl - I used Superfine Crystal Glitter Cotton Candy to highlight and decoupaged the owl.  I drew in the branch and used the SU markers to colour this.
The inside of the card had some more Whimsy card and a strip of the Pastel Stripes - the sticker is one from my stash and I have lost the maker's name. The kids all call their grandfather Llo Llo and he chose the whelsh spelling as he didn't want to be 'Low Low'!

No comments: