Sunday 6 September 2009

Father's Day

Some of us still have fathers and some of us don't. My Dad died nearly 27 years ago now, and my Mum died about 20 years ago - so I guess technically I'm 'a horphin' but there are still a lot of other Dad's out there for other people - so Happy Father's Day to you all! 

We have been bidden to afternoon tea later today to celebrate Father's Day with the 'girls' and general others.  This should be fun.  Tomorrow we (the younger girls and I) will be driving up to Launceston - well technically, I won't necessarily be driving there, as I have volunteer to allow the learner-driver get some hours up on the longer drive. Better take some CD's and my nerve pills! No, seriously, I am sure she will do well. I am going to visit a craft shop in Launceston called Regal Press, which is one of my favourie places - I will be getting some card for Christmas cards, and maybe some other things........who knows until I have seen what they have in stock! Perhaps shopping will settle my shattered nerves (lol)!

I have not made much in the line of craft lately, just been planning stuff and playing around with my Cuttlebug. However I made a card for a friend's birthday (she is in her 8th decade).  I used the birthday embossing folder to create this after I cased the idea from a photo in a Creative Cardmaking magazine. Instead of stamping the sentiments on the candles, I used the appropriate wording from the embossed card.  I also handrew my candle, so they are not exact!  I used SU card  - Pink Pirouette, Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, So Saffron with Tea Party DP, and some gold glitter for the candle flame. I also used several other embossing folders to create the work 'celebrate' and for a corner embellishment.  I used 'scraplings' for the candles and only placed them on the section of the embossing folder I was trying to get, and then cut out the candles after I had embossed. I drew around the edges with my black SU marker pen to create stitches to define the curve a bit more as well.

This is a close up of the candles and the embossing. I also used the DP inside the card and some of the embossed offcuts to decorate the inside before I wrote my message - plus I used a sticker that said "How many candles?"

No comments: