Saturday 10 October 2009

Spring has come back.

Well, today is a beautiful day and the sun is shining although it is not that warm yet.  Took a photo the other day of the view from my standing desk in my craft room - cannot understand why I need inspiration sometimes with a view like that.  Around late afternoon the birds come to drink and have a bath in the dish and although they cannot see me I am aware that they know something is watching them!



I made a few cards too that day but the colours seem too strong for the subject material I think.  However, they are both made with card blanks, and SU scraps of card, and I embossed one background sheet (the Joy card) with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. The stamping sets are SU Summer by the Sea and Uncharted Territory.  I felt like colouring in that day and so made two picture cards - I used my SU markers to watercolour the Joy card and my Derwent watercolour pencils for the other to see what the difference in tone and texture would be like - you be the judge!




Last weekend I went to my SU Demonstrator (Lynda)'s house and we made a small card tote there  - my attempt is pictured below but Lynda designed it and produced the template which is for sale. You can find it here.



It is a card tote and contains a place to put stamps and a calendar to record anniversaries and store the cards you make for them behind each month - how organised!  Now all I have to do is fill in the month sheets and create the cards to go with them!  Mmmmm.....

Just have to share the news that I went to the Clarence Performing Arts Esteiddford (?) yesterday to watch my very talented 13 year old granddaughter play her cornet in a solo competition (Under 16) and she WON!  Well done Hettie! Everyone there to watch her was very proud and all had a lump in their throats and some even had a tear in their eyes - no, not me this time, but Llo was a very proud grandfather I can tell you!

No comments: